Multiple QWERTY Midi Controllers? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thank you Cheft. Big, big virtual hugs to you. Lots of love. Looks like just the thing I've been looking for.

Quote Originally Posted by Patch View Post
    This works on OSX - you can have a keybord tranmitting CAPS, and a separate keyboard transmitting LOWER CASE, doubling up the number of buttons you have.
    How would you go about doing this?
    I used to link music in my signature but nowadays I don't.

Plug in a USB keyboard, hit caps lock, and bash away.
    DJ'ing: 2x1200MK2, DJM 850, Dicers, F1, Zomo MC-1000, Sony MDR-v700, i7 Win 10 HP Envy
    Production: Ableton Live 8 and a mouse, Sennheiser HD400, Sony VAIO

Click HERE to D/L Free Tracks from Soundcloud!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/Patchdj

I have GlovePie installed, I have a usb-wireless keyboard, too. Was hoping to use the keyboard through OSs wireless functionality, too many usb devices. Have looked at the "Under Construction" help documentation, specifically, the "multiple keyboards" part. Don't really understand it. Nothing about "swallowing" a keyboard. Where do I input "Keyboard.Count", and what do I do after inputting it, run it as a programme?...
    Am using Vista Home Premium. A few pointers would be much appreciated. Have not worked with midi before. Thank you.

First make sure you have installed MidiYoke and Midi-OX. Yoke sends the midi signal from program to program, and Ox tests the signal. Send the signal Out of Midi Yoke:1 from GlovePie to In Midi Yoke:1 in Ox and eventually your desired program. See attachment. You can also set the midi device in the script with the following:
    midi.DeviceOut=midi.yoke1.DeviceOut

To determine the number of keyboards you have type:
    debug=keyboard.count
    When you press RUN a window will pop open to the right of it and display the number of keyboards in it.

To determine which keyboard is which takes a little work with Midi-Ox.
    midi.channel1.control1=keyboard1.q
    You shold see a signal sent to Midi-Ox. if not try keybaord2 or keyboard3.

When you have determined which is which I'd suggest keeping them on seperate midi channels to help distinguish them.
    midi.channel1.A5=keyboard1.q
    midi.channel2.G3=keyboard2.k

Then you can then disable your keyboards by having GlovePie "swallow" the keystroke from accidentally triggering something in a program.
    keyboard.swallow=true

Hope this helps.
    p.s. The picture shows GlovePie v0.29, but 0.41 is out and stable.
    AMD Turion 64 X2 Mobile 2.0GHz, 4GB Ram, BCD-3000, WinXP(Pro)-SP2, Traktor Pro

Firstly, many thanks, cheft.
    Have installed MidiYoke, learning in the process to create a "Run as Administrator-CMD" shortcut.
    Running "debug=keyboard.count" gives 3 as an answer, rather strange, as there are only 2 keyboards- the laptop's, and the usb-wireless one that I am hoping to use as a daw controller/audio editing keyboard.
    Perhaps repetitions of the w/lss kybrd's connection process, whilst getting it to work, is responsible?
    I am not familiar with programming/coding/scripting, so there is an unavoidable learning curve here, I can see, at least to the extent necessary for attaining required functionalities.

One of the keyboards is the MS virtual one, I think.

Not really getting anywhere with GlovePie.
    "CP-Settings/Keyboard/Hardware/Properties" gives this information. 3/ is the external wireless USB keyboard.

1/ Standard 101/102-Key or Microsoft Natural PS/2 Keyboard with HP QLB
    Manufacturer: HPDC, L.P.

2/ HID Keyboard Device
    Manufacturer: (Standard keyboards)

3/ HID Keyboard Device
    Manufacturer: (Standard keyboards)

1/2/3/ is the order, top to bottom, of the keyboard listing, I haven't been able to find any more specificity than that.

Don't know what your question is.
    It looks like the laptops keyboard is #1 and the USB is #3.

This section, I do not understand:
    " First make sure you have installed MidiYoke and Midi-OX. Yoke sends the midi signal from program to program, and Ox tests the signal. Send the signal Out of Midi Yoke:1 from GlovePie to In Midi Yoke:1 in Ox and eventually your desired program. See attachment. You can also set the midi device in the script with the following:
    midi.DeviceOut=midi.yoke1.DeviceOut "

This section, I do understand, it works, and the answer is 3:
    " To determine the number of keyboards you have type:
    debug=keyboard.count
    When you press RUN a window will pop open to the right of it and display the number of keyboards in it. "

This section, I do not really understand, ran it in GlovePie anyway. Should it be in Midi-Ox? If so, where? Didn't work.
    " To determine which keyboard is which takes a little work with Midi-Ox.
    midi.channel1.control1=keyboard1.q
    You shold see a signal sent to Midi-Ox. if not try keybaord2 or keyboard3. "

Tried this, too. "Keyboard2.Exists." with 1,2,3, and 4 as the numeric variable. Didn't work.
    The keyboard numbers I gave in the last post were my representations of GlovePie's listing in the 'Hardware' tab. There is nothing to imply that they would be repeated in GlovePie's scripting appellations.
    Have tried various other "scripts". Some work. Some don't.
    I probably need an idiot's guide to the problem. lol
    Thank you for such quick replies.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12