2 and 4 deck view with vci-100 SE

Default 2 and 4 deck view with vci-100 SE

Sorry for the stupid question...BUT
    I have traktor pro 1.2 and vci-100se arcade. How do I prevent traktor from switching to 2 deck view when switching between 2 and 4 deck on vci. I would like to always view four decks but be able to select deck with C and D buttons on DJTT overlay.

Tech Mentor

Yeah I'd also be really keen on this aswel!

The way I'm able to view both decks is using a hotkey to toggle between both deck modes (2 & 4 decks). When I use the hotkey to view 4 decks I'm still able to control decks A & B with the vci-100se and when I want to control C & D I use the deck switch.
    MacBook Pro 2.33GHZ 2G-Ram
    VCI-100SE (Original Batch 1-100) "March 2008"
    Traktor Pro 1.2.1
    Audio Kontrol 1

M.Hugh.....could you eleborate a bit on your usage if the 4 decks?

I have been using the 4 decks....with the deck switch knob.....but its a bitch as then the volume faders are confusing. If i pull a tracks volume down on deck A....but C is still running....when i change decks...the volume is down on the VCI and one needs to work it....and yeah....not fun.

How do you use it?

Your method seems better!

APC80:STR8-100's+Ortofon Concorde Scratch\Electro:ButterRugz:TSP2-NI Audio4DJ:Xone22+Innofader:MacBook Pro 15"
    www.soundcloud.com/djsarasin
    www.youtube.com/adriansarasin

Sarasin....when I use 4 decks....my method to control all decks is setting hotkeys to toggle between 2 and 4 decks...(give me your email address and I'll attach my hotkeys for you) this allows me to visually see decks C and D and control decks A and B. I also have hotkeys to control all my eq's and the kill for each deck (deck A,B,C, and D this allows me to control deck A and B when I use the deck switch on the VCI-100SE to control decks C and D). I use the hotkeys to toggle between 2 and 4 deck view and when I want to see decks C and D to control decks A and B I can visually see decks C and D. I have three hotkeys set up to control the volume on decks C and D. I have the decks set so I can individually lower the volume (set to fine) and a hard kill and I have one hotkey to hard kill both decks C and D at the same time for juggling.

Now my method to remember on each deck....I will always copy deck A to deck C and deck B to deck D with the copy function on the VCI-100SE, it's a personal preference when you want to copy the deck but this method always allows me to remember and have a controlled method using all four decks.

Hope this helps....
    Traktor Pro 1.2.1
    Audio Kontrol 1

I use 2 toggle keys so i can use deck A and B/D, for example. When i toggle the decks the cue light illuminates so i have a bit of a visual as to what deck is active. Needs some tweaking but seems to go alright.
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

jester...how do you set a hotkey to illuminate on your you vci-100se or your device as a visual aid?
    Traktor Pro 1.2.1
    Audio Kontrol 1

i dont have a vci but its basically the same principle though. If you have a modifier toggle "modifier 1, for example" it is either on or off, so you can map an output to that modifier to whatever led you want.
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Jester...thanks for your help....
    Traktor Pro 1.2.1
    Audio Kontrol 1

Tech Student

Quote Originally Posted by M.Hugh View Post
    jester...how do you set a hotkey to illuminate on your you vci-100se or your device as a visual aid?
    I accept with information:If you have a modifier toggle "modifier 1, for example" it is either on or off, so you can map an output to that modifier to whatever led you want.