Song Preparation Eans Method doesnt work anymore
    Tech Student

Default Song Preparation Eans Method doesnt work anymore

Hi guys,

Im preparing some songs and I took a look on Eans Song Preparation.
    But doesnt work anymore.

Did you have an update for the S4 Kontroler Mk1?

DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

Hi 2xbo,

Last Traktor update (2.8) broke the "Set+Store Grid/Load Cue" button macro mapped to "Hotcue.1" button. With that port closed, there is no way to recreate the same functionality with just one midi note (button).

What we did instead was to remove the "Cue Type Selector" command from the "Hotcue.1" and simply remapped that load marker to the CUE/Prepare Tempo button. This basically means that your 'Hotcue.1" will now deliver two cue points in the first step (Cue1=Standard Cue ; Cue2=grid) and by going in to a second step of the process your CUE button will retype first cue point in to the load marker.

This way you will still be able do entire track prep process in exactly the same time and result as in the original video (just like you're used to) but mechanically, we just took one peace of gear and placed it in new button.

Hotcue.1 -->

press=set cue 1
    release=set grid marker as cue 2

CUE -->

press=prepare track
    press=retype cue 1 (cue to load marker)

PLAY --> Push LOOP Encoder to lock BPM--> SYNC (load next from preparation list)

I personally only have an S2 MK2 that I've used to test and edit Ean's S2 MK2 prep mapping. However, me and my mouse got managed only to remap other NI Kontrol S mappings by assigning them manually from the Device Mapping drop down menu in the Controller Manager. So yeah, I've give it a try anyways, hopefully they work, if you guys notice anything that something needs more attention please send your report.

PLEASE NOTE:
    This v0.3 is now compatible with Traktor Pro 2.6 or better.New mapping versions are available here:

DOWNLOAD: Ean's_S2_Track_Prep_Tool.zip

DOWNLOAD: Ean's_S4_Track_Prep_Tool.zip