DJ Pools - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: DJ Pools

Honestly check out zip dj... They do background check to see if legit but they have tons of stuff... Pool looks really good for mainstream top 40 style stuff however I wasn't overly impressed with their web interface

Quote Originally Posted by ZxZDeViLZxZ View Post
    Honestly check out zip dj... They do background check to see if legit but they have tons of stuff... Pool looks really good for mainstream top 40 style stuff however I wasn't overly impressed with their web interface
    So this site is what sparked my question... if you can download anything from Zip DJ then you're hoping that your track (that's on the site) will be played on radios etc. for exposure, right? I don't see what else is in it for artists or labels.
    SC - WS

Exposure, mostly... Of all the pools I registered for that one had been the most stringent on proving your a dj who plays out regularly. Almost need references if they can't verify based off information your provide..... I do mobile djing as well as real djing? So I had to provide information at where it can be proved I was active...

It's promotions mostly from what I know normally you will get tracks 5 days or less prior to real release it maybe more I'm not sure for example acidtoyz - route etoilee is not on beatport yet and it just showed up today on zip todau

But for all I know maybe it isn't going to be on beatport it's hard to say

Quote Originally Posted by ZxZDeViLZxZ View Post
    But for all I know maybe it isn't going to be on beatport it's hard to say
    They seem to send it to Zip DJ before it goes on release.
    SC - WS

Tech Convert

Any legit pool will go through a verification process, if not; honestly no telling where they are getting the music from! I don't post to this board much, lurk mostly but thats must me, however I certainly qualify as an old timer and have been and still am a member of multiple pools since the 80's! If your looking for popular music i.e. Top 40/Pop/Hip-Hop/Club then about the only advice I can give is this. Pools get and distribute music to their members weeks if not months in advance. If your a mainstream/Mobile/Open format DJ then a Pool is a great option for you and will save you a ton of money and time tracking down tracks.

Yes there are still Pools that service VINYL but thats just a secret for us old timers

Tech Mentor

I used to belong to a site called "remix arena", no longer around. They had everything under the sun, old and new.
    I jusy recently signed up with DJCity, and thus far.... I don't like it or them. First off in order to download a track you have to give it a rating......... It's really just annoying. Second off, I don't think they have great quality. I've been check DMS the last few days and it seem that DMS has much better selection.

Djing is just a hobby for me these days, BUT if I was still working, I would have to have a couple different options.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123