Headphones?? - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Headphones??

Tech Mentor

I have the technics 1210. Low impedance (loud), love the sound, isolates from the outside reasonably well, and built like a tank. Have been with me to many gigs since 2001. Still with me wherever I go. For djing and also for listening pleasure.

Have heard the senheisers and sonys mdr are also very good.

In headphones and monitors usually more money means better sound. If you want to get a good sound you can't stay on the cheap side. You can get a reasonably good sound with normal priced cans, but not with cheap ones. At least that's my experience...

It's all about taste and priorities in the end... you could take your ipod to a store and simply test the cans in situ.

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by estebonlouder View Post
    I also have the MDR-V700's Just like ciar2001,they are a little pricey but well worth it. The sound coming out of these things are incredible. I believe with most audio video you get what you pay for
    guys, I hate to tell you this, but I just got a new pair of mdr-v700's for $25 on ebay, sorry m8s
    they are great,
    im confused....

you said its pricey yet you bought for $25 and I see it all over ebay for roughly the same price....

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by Wil' View Post
    im confused....

you said its pricey yet you bought for $25 and I see it all over ebay for roughly the same price....
    Wow... it's true they used to be expensive... maybe those are not as good though...

Tech Wizard

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/New-SONY-MDR-...item4a9c3ba10a

one of the many auctions on ebay selling it for such a low price...

but on the sony website they like $300 od

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Wil' View Post
    Looking to buy a pair of headphones just for home use and listening to tunes and wondering what people suggest. And im trying to keep the price low
    I think you should be more specific on what u want, like headphone that cover your ears, or open ones, u donīt need foldable headphones for homeuse.
    What type of "files" you want to listen to, i mean mp3 or hifi records ;-)
    What is your highest possible price.

I think basic decission is what you prefer itīs about comfort and sounding the way u like it, try to listen to as many as possible befor u go and search for a cheap option on the net.

If they are just for listening then you dont need isolation, id highly recommend getting open air cans because they have a much better sound to them then closed cans. The only reason to get closed cans is if you need isolation.

So do you want open or closed cans ?

Tech Guru

so, the hd 25's are pretty much ugly as sin in my opinion, but I've seen a guy who does custom aesthetic mods, and post mod, they are some of the most beautiful headphones i've ever seen, and they sound great. I'm on the sony mdr 7506's at the moment (lifted em of my roomate in exchange for ipod earbuds... lol). They are pretty good, not the best i've heard (pales in face of the hd 25's, as well as the tech 1210's imo).

For non DJ use I HIGHLY recommend any of the Grado Labs headphones. I got a pair of SR80s 5 years ago and would say it was one of my best music related purchases.

http://www.gradolabs.com/frameset_main.htm

sony mdrs here
    Dj F.a.R.h.A.n
    hip hop, house, reggaeton, dancehall, afrobeats, and international.

Moderator of Silly Walks Citizen_Insane's Avatar

Traktor Pro, VCM 600, Custom Midi Fighter, Presonus Firebox, Ultrasone DJ1 Pro
    http://soundcloud.com/citizen_insane/
    Quote Originally Posted by photojojo View Post
    All these subgenre's are like the grandchildren of disco with dubstep and D&B being the bad kids that smoke cigarettes and are in and out of jail.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast