Deep House Bass
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Deep House Bass

Default Deep House Bass

Hey guys I am new to this site so i hope we can help each other and discuss about music.I want to produce a deep house sound but i can't get a result like the song below.Any help about a vst or some eq tips would be useful
    The track that contains the bass sound i want to produce--->
    Thanks for you time
    P.S I am working with Logic pro X

This doesn't require a specific vst or EQ tricks to work, it's all in the synthesis end. I would start out by making a sub bass with a sine/triangle wave, get your melody and duplicate the bass track. highpass out the low end so you dont have two subs, and saturate the new layer so you can kinda squash the mids a bit and play around from there. That would be my method. Obviously I would have to mess around for probably a few hours to get the exact same sound but you can get something good this way.

Or you can go buy presets.

Ok thank you my friend I'll try your method..

Quote Originally Posted by Kwal View Post
    This doesn't require a specific vst or EQ tricks to work, it's all in the synthesis end. I would start out by making a sub bass with a sine/triangle wave, get your melody and duplicate the bass track. highpass out the low end so you dont have two subs, and saturate the new layer so you can kinda squash the mids a bit and play around from there. That would be my method. Obviously I would have to mess around for probably a few hours to get the exact same sound but you can get something good this way.

Or you can go buy presets.
    This is great advise... Something I used to do a lot to really make things fit well was to parametric eq instead of filtering.... With parametric eqs you can really align the frequencies from two sub synths to make them shine where you want....

The other thing that can really help is is side chain compression it can give it a real kinda driving sound....

A lot of my productions when I produced were heavily influenced by tracks being released on the coldharbour label in the early 2000s I think most modern deep house derived a lot of its bass elements from the progressive house/trance of that era....

Quote Originally Posted by ZxZDeViLZxZ View Post
    This is great advise... Something I used to do a lot to really make things fit well was to parametric eq instead of filtering.... With parametric eqs you can really align the frequencies from two sub synths to make them shine where you want....

The other thing that can really help is is side chain compression it can give it a real kinda driving sound....

A lot of my productions when I produced were heavily influenced by tracks being released on the coldharbour label in the early 2000s I think most modern deep house derived a lot of its bass elements from the progressive house/trance of that era....
    Agreed with ya, if you're a bit more technical and know how to handle a parametric EQ then go for it.

I would not suggest boosting your low end with an EQ by the way.. If you do not get the boom you want, it's as simple as shaping your sound with your attack, decay, sustain, release and bringing up the volume fader. Compression is nice but unless you're a real prince with compression all you'll end up doing is making your sound quieter.

Yup side chain compression and it takes a phd to fully get grips on it and make it work properly....
    https://soundcloud.com/mosesgonzales/mpg-lucid-dreams This bit I put together I got messed up on some side chains and now when you listen the basslines are sucking each other along with kick which doesn't sound right and I spent a good hour trying to sort out where and which went wrong and just walked from it

Extremely true beer use eq to boost only to lower boost sub frequencies is kinda pointless when you can adjust on the synth to g et the sound you want... If you can't get the right bass sound put a sine on one of the osc is if a multi osc synth and tune your sine low Id suggest mute second osc and then work with the sine then introduce a saw on the second one... Depending on synth if multiple filters mod the saw to one filter and sine to other

This does multiple things mostly it allows you to really tune each sound to only introduce frequencies you want...

Taking a step further check your spectrum analyzer on that synth and the mid bass synth if they are over lapping on the low end make a descsion on which you want to be more prevalent and parametric eq each to one they overlap but at say -15 to -20db...

Another good thing is your kick analyze it to sit properly with your bass... There is nothing worse then a kick that can't punch through

This is why you side chain... You side chain your bass synths to your kick to do sharp hard ducking.... Kick bass bass bass kick bass bass bass if you don't side chain construct your bassline to sit after the kick... This works great for punchy kicks if you have a deep kick with a lot of decay on it you will likely have to goto side chaining to get it to sit right

If you can't get it done with sidechaining, then it's time to get out the magnifying glass and automate the volume of the bass with your mouse lol. To be honest that has done wonders for me sometimes that even sidechaining couldn't. Painfully slow but results are surprising.

Agreed before side chain compression was easy in flstudio I would do the similar

Here is a 12 year old remix I did
    This was achieved by parametric Eqing and filtering...

I was usuing a p2 500mhz laptop and I had to bounce every synth track to wav to achieve this remix it was rather interesting and not too bad.... There's something I learned early on in producing if you can't make it work one way find a way there's always a way just have to sit back and look at it differently sometimes

https://soundcloud.com/mosesgonzales...c-dreams-remix

Quote Originally Posted by ZxZDeViLZxZ View Post
    Here is a 12 year old remix I did
    This was achieved by parametric Eqing and filtering...

I was usuing a p2 500mhz laptop and I had to bounce every synth track to wav to achieve this remix it was rather interesting and not too bad.... There's something I learned early on in producing if you can't make it work one way find a way there's always a way just have to sit back and look at it differently sometimes

https://soundcloud.com/mosesgonzales...c-dreams-remix
    some old school lol

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast