Newbie needs Controller help please - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by BigLittleman View Post
    Is the Vestax 380 an "all in one" controller or a "modular"? Does it have the soundcard built in so I wont have to buy one?

Are the jog wheels good on it so I can scratch with no problems?

Is the software for the Vestax 380 ok with a Windows laptop? I dont have enough money to buy a Macbook just for this!

Dj Ade Sands, do you say my headphones will get damaged because you have to take them on and off over and over when you dj?

IS that Vestax 380 on sale because of the color!? Not a fan of the color

This review says the Vestax 380 is "In short, the Vestax VCI-380 is not cheap, but if you want the ultimate two-deck Serato ITCH controller, this is it." but the reviews do have some people complaining but like with anything....happy customers arent gonna be online, they'll be to busy enjoying the product.
    http://www.digitaldjtips.com/2012/05...dj-controller/

So does everyone think the Vestax 380 is gonna be my best bet for something under $400 (or right around there)??
    Since you are looking into it, the Vestax 380 will do your job, it's difficult for me to recommend a single controller for what you want to do, or what type of DJ'ing you plan to do. No point in recommending a controller that doesn't have features that you will want to take advantage of. It is a good idea to check out some reviews of controllers that take your fancy. That vestax controller, is an all in one unit. You probably won't get the luxury of colour selection. The software won't matter, it'll be mappable to the software you choose, and there should be some good support here for mappings for software. Good unit, especially for a first controller.
    The headphones for DJ'ing have more hinges and stuff on em designed for the rigours of DJ use, (single ear monitor etc) and aren't as rigid. Your hp's will do the job, but as mentioned previous, you'll want to change, you'll realise this yourself in time.
    Serato DJ intro is pretty good actually for beginners, it's pretty easy to use, if you did want to go that route of buying a controller with it included.
    Last edited by DJAdeSands; 04-10-2015 at 01:05 PM.
    Denon DJ/MC6000KMK2/Launchpad S/LaunchcontrolXL/Traktor Pro 2/Bringin it since 96.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12