Xone 92 - UK vs China

Default Xone 92 - UK vs China

How much of a premium would you pay for a UK version of the 92 (if any)?

I'm in the market to buy (either version) and am just trying to make sense of it all. Thx for any tips.

Tech Mentor

I think it's just a cost issue to where it is manufactured.

early xone mixers had the powder coated textured silver top plates. newer mixers now have a dark grey plate, like my xone 4d the 3d had the silver.

iirc. a&h will supply the dark grey top plate for a mixer if requested.

the only exception is the the db series styling. which I think was after they moved production.
    Last edited by djrickdawson; 04-05-2015 at 06:25 PM.

You would be hard pressed to find a *new* 92 that was made in the UK, it's been quite a few years since they moved production to China.

I have an original UK 92 (one of the first 3 into Australia) and I'm actually thinking of changing the face plate to the newer grey style because touring artists on Australian festivals won't accept the older Silver finish, they stipulate on touring riders that they must be Grey Faced. I'm sure it's only so that they know that they're getting a more recently purchased one so that there is less chance of dodgy faders and pots.

UK or China, they're still considered one of the top mixers to use, either will do the right job for you.
    Main Gig Comp - MacBook Air 11" 1.3GHz i5, 4GB, 512GB, OS X 10.12.6
    Gig Gear - TSP 2.6.8 & 2.11.2, Kontrol X1mk2 (x2), D2 (x2), S5, Xone:92, Xone:PX5, CDJ-2000 (x2), DDJ-XP1 ... Rekordbox DJ 5 with a few packs ...
    Plenty of studio gear and not enough time ... and a few Nexo PA systems

Tech Guru

I wouldn't be surprised if they release a new model with DB4 styling like they are doing for the rest of the line of analogue mixers.
    2x Technics sl 1200mk2, Vinyl, Shure m44-7, Xone 22, Audio Technica ATH M50X, Traktor A10, Maschine, Logic X, Ableton Live.