Did you Successfully Upgrade your firmware? - Page 6
Page 6 of 20 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast
    DJTT Super Moderator midifidler's Avatar

ez

1.No
    2.No
    3.No

Everything worked fine for me. Thanks to Ean and the entire DJTT team.
    Beat Laboratory: MBP/Serato Scratch 2.2/2xKRK Rokit 6/2XTechnics SL-1200s/DJM700

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by midifidler View Post
    ez

1.No
    2.No
    3.No
    Thanks for the answer!
    So if I got it right you just upgrade it via the plate and the remove all the stuff and leave it like it was, right?
    Could there be any problems if I try the vci with Virtual DJ (cause I work with both programs, mostly Traktor)?
    Greets from Munich

Tech Wizard

Default Success!

Finally I dared to upgrade my firmware to 1.3

I have to say, the whole progress went much smoother than I thought

I used:

- Digitus USB to Serial Converter
    - a Mac Pro (2008)
    - Windows XP on VMWare Fusion on OS X 10.5.7
    - a serial cable (the converter itself has no cable attached to it)

Apart from installing the newest drivers from their website, I had NO other settings to be made with the adapter, left everything on default. Upgrade went 100% OK it seems, no hassle - kudos to DJTT!
    Last edited by frankiee; 05-30-2009 at 09:54 AM.

Tech Wizard

I can't get my firmware to update. I get the..

Attempting 9600
    Attempting 4800
    Attempting 2400
    Attempting 1200
    Error No 15024: Boot failed

It feels like i wasted my money on this cable and firmware kit. I have tried different usb ports, different speeds. Im on windows xp and im using a serial to usb. Everyones solution to this i have seen is use another usb to serial or another computer. I don't have the money to be going out and buying another one of these cables and this is the only computer I have, So what do i do?
    Vci-100SE
    Maya44
    Traktor Pro
    Technics rp-dj1200
    Compaq Lapop-Windows vista, 2gb ram, 250gb hdd, 2.1ghz dual core.

Tech Wizard

I managed to get it to work after playing with the thing for hours...ugh. gotta be an easier way.
    Vci-100SE
    Maya44
    Traktor Pro
    Technics rp-dj1200
    Compaq Lapop-Windows vista, 2gb ram, 250gb hdd, 2.1ghz dual core.

Retired DJTT Moderator DvlsAdvct's Avatar

I found a big reason I was having problems was cause the virtual port was the same as the actual ports. So when I installed the drivers it was trying to install Port 4 when there already was a Port 4 and that prevented everything from working.

So I changed the existing Port 4 to Port 5, let the drivers install and then everything worked fine.

Hope that makes sense.
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

My Mixes, Mashups and Rants

Divided we stand
    United we fall

I used to tutorial vid and it was done in a jiffy! Thanks a lot for all the info on the forum and making such a clear video of the upgrade process! it's so bloody nice to not have that ramp up thing anymore, since I was so stupid to actually purchase my vci as soon as it was on the market here.

Now let's play a bit with the tpro 2.2 functions

Tech Convert

Although most of you seem to be impressed with this firmware update, I still have some doubts about it. The fact that some guys spent a lot of time fixing some bugs worrys me a lil bit.
    And I read this on the official Vestax forum: "Djtechtools firmware is third party and not backed by Vestax. Vestax has Tracktor tks updates here
    http://www.vestax.com/v/info/support/support.html Other then that it is third party. And for changing any of the stock vci100's features will void the warranty so we don't recommend this." (http://forum.vestaxpro.com/phpBB3/vi....php?f=17&t=77)

So if I don't want to update my vci does a tks file help?

Thanx a lot
    Nick

DJTT Super Moderator midifidler's Avatar

Hi Nick,
    The tks (now Tsi in TPro) only changes how the software (traktor pro) interprets the data your midi controller sends, not how what data the midi controller will send.

Assides from adding compatibility with the special features of the Ean Golden TSi one of the main advantages of the firmware upgrade is that it fixes a number of issues with the v1.1 firmware.

Vestax did make the 1.2 firmware which fixed these bugs available to service centers, but many customer live far away from the approved service centers and it was not covered under the warranty, meaning that while having it upgraded at a service center does not void the warranty, you still have to pay for the upgrade, some reports suggested prices over 100 USD.

Companies not supporting anything which requires the customer to open an electronic device is standard procedure. Their assertion the DJTT firmware is third party and not supported by them does not speak for the quality of the firmware ( it was modified soley by Vestax engineers) nor for the quality of our product.

It is stipulated to avoid them having to bare any cost associated with supporting the modifications.

Page 6 of 20 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast