Did you Successfully Upgrade your firmware? - Page 5
Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Default Kind of?

Hey,

So I just got the firmware upgrade and actually bought a $35 dollar serial to usb (actually had problems with it, but found a vista app that recognized the cord that i bought), but have loaded the firmware successfully. As i side note i am relatively new at mapping and may have made a mistake. I would like to know if accidently flashing an improper file would pose a problem? more along the lines of flashing the .tsi and the .tsk onto it..... is there a way to set to default or does reinstalling the firmware just wipe over it?

Tech Convert

You should be able to wipe over it. Make sure you select the correct firmware file this time

Tech Convert

I just finished upgrading my firmware from 1.1 to 1.3. Below is my setup:
    - Dell XPS M1530 laptop running Windows Vista 32-bit
    - USB to Serial cable (purchased on eBay for $2.99 incl shipping)

I was able to flash the firmware on the first try, without any problems whatsoever. Thanks, Ean and the DJTT community!

Tech Mentor

No probs with me flashed it from 1.2 -1.3 first go

That vid Ean did was really helpful otherwise I would have been lost at doing this and I am a pretty technical person

Lucky I had a usb to serial cable lying around from my old job

Quote Originally Posted by R2D2 View Post
    No probs with me flashed it from 1.2 -1.3 first go

That vid Ean did was really helpful otherwise I would have been lost at doing this and I am a pretty technical person

Lucky I had a usb to serial cable lying around from my old job

Good to hear you got it work...time to play!
    Controllerist: Think different | SoundCloud | MixCloud | Twitter |

Did this about 3 weeks ago. Bought a USB to Serial cable from Frys for 15 bux. I have a Vista64 tablet that I use for Djing and I never want to use it for anything else, so I used my XP laptop to upgrade. Kept getting error messages in the middle of the update(sorry I forgot the error#). After several failed attempts, my last resort was to try with my tablet. With the first try it successfully upgraded the firmware. Bought the overlay, but I think my custom TSI works better for my needs. I have the black VCI-100, so it naturally looks pimp. I'm just glad I have that one button working right instead of triggering the effect buttons also.

Tech Convert

Default Still tryng to get this awesome 1.3 firmware

Hi there , I have a pc with windows xp ,I used a serial cable, I followed the video step by step, there were no code errors with the installation but my vci doesn't want to turn on ,I'm very disapointed but no giving up.Thanks for your your time.

DJTT Super Moderator midifidler's Avatar

Hey Sammyz,

Did you remove the update PCB from the VCI after the update?
    Is the power switch on the back of the VCI in the correct position?
    Do any leds light up when you plug the VCI in?

Tech Convert

Hi thanks for your response, If you mean the firmware plate , yes after I hit disconnect,and turned the vci power off and then I took off the plate. The power switch was off on the middle and on to the right and there were no lights at all when I turned the vci back on .The messages in red like I mentioned , are those ok to have before the update?

Tech Convert

Hey guys!
    With the new tsi file ready and the overlays in the store I was thinking about buying the firmware upgrade kit for my 1.2 vci. But I've got some questions for you:
    1. Does the plate stay in the vci after the whole process?
    2. In addition to that do you need the serial to usb cable afterwards or do you connect the vci to the pc via the normal cable?
    3. I bought my vci from Greece. Could there be any problems, because of the european edition?

Thanks a lot for your time!!

Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast