Did you Successfully Upgrade your firmware? - Page 4
Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
    Tech Wizard

Custom PC running Vista 64bit - No problems whatsoever with a cheap RS232 cable (2GBP off ebay). Followed youtube video to firmware bliss!!

Easy upgrade and well worth it - Thanks
    VCI-100...Weapon of choice!

Tech Convert

Edit: i'm an idiot, nevermind
    Last edited by PILX; 03-19-2009 at 06:30 PM.

Tech Wizard

Just upgraded the Firmware! Running Windows XP on my custom desktop computer using a serial to serial cable. I got error 15064 when trying to write the firmware. Discovered that I had disabled my COM ports in the BIOS settings. Enabled both the onboard COM ports, rebooted, and worked like a charm from there!

Thanks for all your work helping the VCI community with the upgrades! I'm glad to have full functionality now!
    Last edited by Davemex; 03-20-2009 at 06:09 PM. Reason: *edited to add cable type

Tech Convert

I've successfully upgraded my firmware. Using Vista 32 and a serial to usb cable. The first few times I tried to write my firmware, I received the error 15064. I had my firmware adapter plugged into the VCI OVER the wire harness Ean says to unplug in the video. All I had to do was unplug that harness, re-affix the firmware and it worked.

If you're receiving the error 15064, try removing the firmware device and re-seat it a little more.

Great work DJTT!
    Last edited by MattESSC; 03-22-2009 at 12:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by frak View Post
    Has anyone done this successfully with Parallels? I don't really want to have to by VMWare and install a new virtual machine just for this. Course, if push comes to shove, I'll just use my work PC but it would be nice to know...
    I'm running Mac OS X (10.5.5) on a MacBook Pro. I successfully upgraded my firmware through Parallels running Windows XP (SP2?). The only issue I ran into was the time out error, which was fixed by setting the serial delay port fix to a higher rate as mentioned in the FAQ - Common Problems thread. I used Belkin's USB-to-Serial Portable Adapter which I picked up for $40 at a local Staples.
    AtmospHouse - Deep Tech w/tracklist & dl
    Hard House v1 - Sandro Silva - Dirty Dutch w/tracklist & dl

http://soundcloud.com/redux/ - Enjoy =)

Tech Mentor

Default Succesfully upgraded

Hi guys,

My Setup.
    PC with XP SP3 (celeron 2,6 with 1GB Memory - not my DJ Laptop)
    Serial Cable F/M (Part number 72-1276-01 about 6$ new, from my Cisco Router!)
    VCI-100 FW 1.1
    Original USB Cable from my VCI 100 (Not my high Quality DJ USB Cable)
    Software and settings provided per installation guide links (DJ Tech Tools Guide).

First try, FW Update successful

PS: updated three VCI-100 in a row (two of mine, and one of a friends)
    Last edited by Leon.R; 03-28-2009 at 09:32 AM.

One try and the update was successful. The update looks realy tricky, but in reality it was quite easy to install the files.

Setup:
    Dell Inspirion 4600
    2gb ram
    serial usp converter (49.- Swiss Francs, damn high prises in switzerland ;-[)

Well thanks to DJTT, great job and great website!

Exclamation firmware upgrade problem: no power to VCI-100

my upgrade situation is as follows:

I thought I had successfully upgraded to 1.3 and after a restart cannot power up my VCi-100.

[Please note this account is a very general and I can provide more detail if required]

I have a macbook pro with windows XP partition (bootcamp). I am using a serial (DB9) to USB cable and followed the video tutorial up to the point of running the basic version of Renesas.

I am a mac user with limited experience with P.C / Windows operation. I could not seem to locate the basic version of the firmware upgrade software from the installation folder- there was an advanced icon and a standard icon and i loaded the standard one which matched the video tutorial up the point of selecting the firmware. The advanced version just has finish option in the final step.

I should of posted a query at this stage but though I would try adding the 1.3 upgrade file to the renesas software project i had set up. This has the appearance of a flow hierachy. I turned on the VCI-100 and then selected the add to device tab which ran the software.

I obtained the errors as mentioned earlier in this thread with boot failed as result. I then powered down checked the connections on the cables- noticing the firmware upgrade kit could be pressed in a few mm more.

Restarted and changed the serial comport i.D to 5 via device manager and re setup Renesas Advanced project. Turned on machine. ran add to device tab. software ran through sequence and successfully upgraded with green response!

I then shut down the computer and rebuilt the VCI-100 and restarted on the Mac ( TRAKTOR ) to test. Alas no apparent power to the unit!.

Have I fried the unit?

Is there a conflict / problem with the USB / power port? (as I set the comport to 5- even though I reset this to 3 and still no joy)

Is the firmware upgrade kit faulty?

Can I repeat with basic version of the software and expect results?

Any tricks to the advanced version of the software?

Any feedback much appreciated!

Update:

Tried again and this time was successful Found the shortcut to basic Flash kit and adjusted the delay time in advanced version etc- update worked via mac book pro / windows XP with DB9 serial to USB cable. Machine turns on. now the ins and outs of the SE edition VCI-100..

Default I had one hurdle...

I used the Radio Shack USB-A Serial Cable that was recommended in the forum. When I ran the software I got a "Error No 15024: Boot failed". I read over the FAQ Common Problems section of the forum and followed the directions for the USB to Serial troubleshooting section and realized I made the silly mistake of forgetting to download the driver on the cable--I had no clue that cables had drivers too. Once I did that and changed my port number to 4 (before it was on three) everything worked great.
    Thanks for all the great information, tutorials, and firmware!!!
    Last edited by alexoviedo999; 04-11-2009 at 05:06 PM. Reason: forgot important info

Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast