Did you Successfully Upgrade your firmware? - Page 3
Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Sorry! Missed Out these things. Now everything is fine Thanks for your support Ean!

Hi from france.

I received my firmware kit this morning, everything works fine, it's really easy to do with the video guide.

Just a question (i can't check it at home) : is the firmware 1.3 correct the bass problem (i.e when you're playin in a club, loud bass can influence the pitch bend) ?

Thanks for all !

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by LG_Rivales View Post
    Hi from france.

I received my firmware kit this morning, everything works fine, it's really easy to do with the video guide.

Just a question (i can't check it at home) : is the firmware 1.3 correct the bass problem (i.e when you're playin in a club, loud bass can influence the pitch bend) ?

Thanks for all !
    LG unfortunally the 1.3 firmware is not going to fix the problem about the jogs thats was just a lil problem that vestax forgot lol the reason why the pitch change in loud enviorements like clubs is because the vibration of the bass in the club make the jogs wheels move a lil since theyr are really senesitivy but if u press the two buttons of jog seak at the smae time that should turn off the jogs wheel to turn it on just press the buttons again...like ur not using the jogs at all the time or u DOO????

Has anyone done this successfully with Parallels? I don't really want to have to by VMWare and install a new virtual machine just for this. Course, if push comes to shove, I'll just use my work PC but it would be nice to know...
    The revolution will not be sent as an email attachment

I upgraded with Vista on a Inspiron 1720 and a USB to Serial cable.

I had to do the changes described in the "If you are using a USB serial cable" sticky and resit the unit a couple times and in the end it worked.

To work out which com port the USB->Serial cable was using i payed attention in windows device manager when i pluged in the device and took note on what appeared when the device was plugged in. After the name of the USB->Serial cable driver name was in brackets the com port that needed to be used in the update software.

Tech Convert

Wow, i finally made it ;-)

Guess what? - Yes Ean, my Firmwarekid, Overlays, JogGrip arrived.

I had to fetch it at the german duty. I had to explain everything.They thought i was building a bomb, or what ever...

@home i made all the things i read in this forum and went step by step from the video tutorial, and after i bought an old male/femal serial wire it all is perfekt.

Thnax to you all !!!

Tech Convert

Success! I oddly enough used a belkin usb2.0 dockstation with the suggested usb serial values.

Hi Ean,

is it possible to get the circuit plan of your interface, because it's sold out and I can't wait to get your firmware working on my VCI ?

Greets
    ako

DJTT Super Moderator midifidler's Avatar

I have PM'ed you the schematic I used for the upgrade kit design.

Had no problems with mine Thank You on PC/Vista and null modem serial cable, worked first time.

Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast