Did you Successfully Upgrade your firmware? - Page 14
Page 14 of 20 FirstFirst ... 4101112131415161718 ... LastLast

What operating system you using?
    SC | MC

i was using windows vista at mines with a usb- serial. but that wasnt working... so i went to my mates who has windows XP with a serial-serial.

just tried again today, re installed renesas, went through the procedure as described and it still crashed. im now thinking that maybe its my mates computer, because its pretty old and full of programmes and random crap. im guessing this would be a reason for renesas to crash after saying 'process complete'?

im going to email the IT department in work today and see if they will let me try it in work. i'd just do it without letting them know but i need to get renesas installed on a comp and dont get admin rights in work. boo!

Tech Guru

Default Superb

Borrowed a mates PC and flashed with no problems. Brilliant job DaveX and DJTT. Forever in your debt.
    “A composer is a guy who goes around forcing his will on unsuspecting air molecules, often with the assistance of unsuspecting musicians.”

SSD Dual drive MBP, VCI100SE, 2 MF's, Audio 8, Echo Audiofire 2, 2x1200's, CDJ800s, Novation Twitch, XoneS2, X1, tons of PA Gear.

Just did the upgrade to firmware 1.4. Pretty painless. The shift + filter = key bug is present for me with the specs listed below. Otherwise....brilliant. post a fix if you have one! Thanks
    JT
    [Macbook 2.2ghz core 2, 4gb ram, 500gb 7200 Seagate Momentus HD, Western Digital 500gb external HD, Lion 10.7.2, Kontrol S4, Midi Fighter #67, Pioneer HDJ-2000, Traktor Pro 2

Finally successful in upgrading to 1.4. This took the better part of two days. Honestly the most frustrating part was dealing with Windows. I'm a Mac guy and don't have a windows machine; finally got windows installed on the mac via parallels. I don't know how you windows people deal with that os lol... even running it in a separate window it managed to be annoying as hell ... Anyway here are some of the problems I had:

- I had an old Keyspan Serial/USB adapter. It was broken. Took a couple hours of fiddling to figure that one out. Found a cheap Chinese one for $11 and it worked though I had a lot of trouble. The main thing I got stuck on was a timeout error 15005 -- the fix on this page http://www.djtechtools.com/forum/sho...?t=872&page=10 from alex.ketch solved it, so glory be!

- Note if you've put on an overlay you might have to cut around the screws depending how perfectly it fit. I had a hard time getting a couple screws out until I realized they were being held down by a tiny bit of the overlay, I used an exacto knife to cut around it.

- the right jog wheel was messed up after I put everything back together. Both pitch bend and scratch were happening at the same time, and the effects buttons slice/echo didn't work at all because the jog wheel was still moving the track around. I had to get a tiny flat screwdriver and mess with the touch sensor level on the back of the unit; that fixed it perfectly.

- the "key" knob no longer works. This sucks because I like using that knob... hoping this is just a problem in the mapping as the filter knobs work fine, but shift+filter no longer adjusts the key appropriately. It sounds like others have this problem too?

Otherwise, I'm good to go. USB-serial adapter cords are a pain in the ass but they will work with the right coaxing. If someone develops a Mac version of the flash program I'll be much happier next time I have to flash

Successful. Will admit that using a serial is a pain in the butt... It took a few tries to get the app to connect correctly, but other than that it went well.

Will admit that you guys cleaned up well on the Arcade mod.
    Traktor/Itch: Xone Dx - MidiFighter x1
    Ableton: Livid Code - iPad - KP3
    Tech: Macbook Pro 17", intel i7, 8gb RAM, 500gb HD 7200RPM

Tech Student

Default everything okay

Hey, used a standart serial cable and connected it with the serial port no.1 on the computer. Followed the steps in the video.
    Only thing to notice is after the page on which you should leave everything as it is, another page appeared on which i also left everything as it was, which than worked fine for me. But i didnt see that page in the youtube video where you went through all the steps.

Another "probem" was to pull off the cable to connect the firmware updater.
    that thing was really hard to pull off. I guess i was close to break it..

Good work though!

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by TheCurse View Post
    Hey, used a standart serial cable and connected it with the serial port no.1 on the computer. Followed the steps in the video.
    Only thing to notice is after the page on which you should leave everything as it is, another page appeared on which i also left everything as it was, which than worked fine for me. But i didnt see that page in the youtube video where you went through all the steps.

Another "probem" was to pull off the cable to connect the firmware updater.
    that thing was really hard to pull off. I guess i was close to break it..

Good work though!

Cheers
    Yeah I forgot to mention that -- in the video it looks like the cable just comes off, but that was a beeeeeeeeyotch to get off there. It definitely needed to be forced a bit, or at least aggressively nudged

Tech Wizard

When you will you be getting more stock of the connector chips

Tech Wizard

I updated with no problems at all, i just followed the simple instructions. I use win7 64 bit.The cable inside the VCI was a bit hard to get off though i must admit. I didn't even know my new PC had a serial port until now, and i had to dig around for an old serial cable, but i found one in the end hehee
    PC i5 4690k, Win 7 64bit, 8gb ram, Audio4 DJ, Vestax VCI-100, Technics SL1200mk2's, Numark CDX, Vestax VCI-100, Behringer DDM4000, Stanton SK6, Korg Kaoss pad 2, Novation Bass station, Yamaha RY30, Akai SG01v, Lexicon Vortex, Art FXR, Akai LPD8, Maschine mk2, Roland TB-3.