Did you Successfully Upgrade your firmware? - Page 10
Page 10 of 20 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast

Default Any ETA for the upgrade kits?

So I got busted down an old VCI-100 that wasn't being used but it's the original firmware. Any idea when they may be back in stock? Or maybe a really generous person might be able to sell me theirs? I'm not too sure how to make a custom cable and what not. If someone has a good link to some instructions for an upgrade without the upgrade kit, I'd be game to try it out. I'm fairly handy with a solder gun.

HELP! i think mine updated did all the steps and it said complete once it was done,

i can now use the foruth fx knob in both a mode an b mode without it turning on the cue buttons,

Does this mean that my unit is upgraded??

THE CAKE IS NOT A LIE!

I did it. I finally did it. My baby is 1.3 years old now :P I may be the role model of how it was suggested that we don't do this, but I managed to update the VCI using a Mac, VMWare Fusion and a USB to Serial adapter.

I had a lot of headaches along the way but here I am, ready to tell of the things I learnt the hard way so that you don't have to.

Problem 1 (in chronological order): Rensanse Flash Development Kit software doesn't give you an option of selecting the right (or in my case ANY) COM port.

Fix: Ensure you have the right driver. The cable I got along with the upgrade kit I borrowed from Ciar2001 (as the two I was sent were most likely lost in the post due to the damned postal strike) didn't come with a driver. I tried many including the Prolific USB-Serial driver and a bucketload of others but the cable was not being recognized properly. It still gave "Error 10" under the Device Manager in windows (it had a little yellow circle with an exclamation mark). Somehow I stumbled across this file and it fixed it for me, maybe it'll work for you as well.
    Download driver here

Problem 2: Finally got it working fine, assigned it to COM port 6, hook everything up run Program Flash but get "Time Out Error 15005" in Renesans Flash Development Kit (FSD from now on)

Fix: I read that you had to put a flow control in place as the USB was too fast for the serial interface etc. So go to C:\Program Files\Renesas\FDT4.02 and run FDTAdvanceSetup, click "Configure Serial Port", tick the box that says "Enable serial port delay fix" and enter 1000 as the delay value then click OK and close it.

Those were the two hinderances I had which may not seem much, but just that driver hunting took me at least 3 hours. But it was worth the trouble for that sweet, sweet, smexy 4th FX button

Tech Convert

i need the fimrware 1.3 why it's out of stock so long?

pleeeeeeease

DJTT Super Moderator midifidler's Avatar

They will be in stock in the time it takes for them to ship from NZ to the US, I sent them to Ean today

Tech Convert

did you send the midiFighters too????

Tech Convert

yesses!
    how long will it takes to ship to germany?

After upgrading to 1.3, everything works fine.
    But now, the original buttons "vinyl mode" and "sync" behave different for deck A and deck B.
    Is this a bug or a feature?

Default Upgrayyed!

So, I'm upgraded now which is 'yay'. Kinda curious in terms of the firmware if this is just stock VCI 3.0 firmware or there's been mods to it?

Tech Student

Thank you so much for the upgrade kit. I was successful today. I used a USB-serial cable first but it didn't work so I bought a straight serial cable today and it worked just fine.

I am Japanese and living in Japan but I wonder why vestax hasn't fixed this bug for the customers. I searched for this bug on the internet but none of other Japanese mentioned about it. Hmm...

I didn't contact vestax, though. I thought upgrading using your kit would be fun to do by myself. Thank you so much for your effort and inspiration.

I wrote about your web site on my blog in Japanese. I hope you get more traffic from Japan! http://disdj.wordpress.com/

Page 10 of 20 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast