Official Traktor Kontrol D2 Discussion - Page 7
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567
    DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ekwipt View Post
    Really? It sort of superceeds them though? Doubting there will be an X11 MK3 after these?

What's your thoughts Karlos?
    The D2 is not designed as an A/B controller. More-so A/C + B/D if you use 2 of them.
    No doubt the D2 supersedes the X1 by having a screen but it is pretty much an X1+F1+Screen.
    To use a D2 for A/B mixing is not going to be as easy as people may think. It is possible but ...

As for an X1MK3, this is not based on anything I know but I would be surprised if we don't see and X1 with a screen before the year is out.
    It makes perfect sense. If it was the same size as the D2 I would have no complaints but it may need 2 screens or a larger screen as the D2 screen is not designed to show 2 track deck waveforms.

There are users that are simply not interested in an F1 or a D2 because they don't use remix decks or are interested in stems but they would love the freedom away from the laptop that the D2 or S8 gives.

I think an X1MK3 is the solution for many A/B and timecode DJs to buy new Traktor hardware and stay with Traktor.

Quote Originally Posted by Karlos Santos View Post
    The D2 is not designed as an A/B controller. More-so A/C + B/D if you use 2 of them.
    No doubt the D2 supersedes the X1 by having a screen but it is pretty much an X1+F1+Screen.
    To use a D2 for A/B mixing is not going to be as easy as people may think. It is possible but ...

As for an X1MK3, this is not based on anything I know but I would be surprised if we don't see and X1 with a screen before the year is out.
    It makes perfect sense. If it was the same size as the D2 I would have no complaints but it may need 2 screens or a larger screen as the D2 screen is not designed to show 2 track deck waveforms.

There are users that are simply not interested in an F1 or a D2 because they don't use remix decks or are interested in stems but they would love the freedom away from the laptop that the D2 or S8 gives.

I think an X1MK3 is the solution for many A/B and timecode DJs to buy new Traktor hardware and stay with Traktor.
    Or just go the whole hog and introduce a X2 controller that is the same size as the D2 and allows for a screen and some extra options such as true on-the-fly deck and FX bank selection control, dedicated key lock and key adjust controls, and proper pitch fader controls, without being limited by size which currently plagues the current X1/F1/Z1. As nice as my X1 Mk2 is, I find things like the Sync+Encoder method of adjusting pitch rather counter-intuitive at times and doesn't have as fine a control as I would like for quick manual beat matching without overly customised remapping.

Tech Guru

I'd like the two screen X1 mk3 idea, or even single half size X1s with screen that can be snapped together as if probably use 3 if not four of them.

The D2 is the closest controller I've seen released that fits the bill for the way I play, I don't really need the big pads though, so yeah an hybrid between an X11 and D2 would be great

Tech Wizard

I'd like the two screen X1 mk3 idea, or even single half size X1s with screen that can be snapped together as if probably use 3 if not four of them.

The D2 is the closest controller I've seen released that fits the bill for the way I play, I don't really need the big pads though, so yeah an hybrid between an X11 and D2 would be great
    I would just love for them to sell just the screen that would attach to the back of a standard 12" mixer. Have it be big enough to display 4 decks of tractor and I'm a happy camper. That plus 2 X1s would be ideal for me
    A&H Xone DB2 | NI Kontrol X1 MK2 | NI Kontrol F1 | Ableton Push | 2014 13" rMBP
    Backup: NI Kontrol S4

I don't think you'd necessarily need two separate screens for a X1 Mk3 or X2. You could just arrange it so that the waveforms for both decks being controlled appear one on top of the other in the default mode, then use one of the buttons on either side to toggle an individual decks information. More than two screens on a slightly larger X1-sized controller would be overkill, IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by antunica View Post
    I would just love for them to sell just the screen that would attach to the back of a standard 12" mixer. Have it be big enough to display 4 decks of tractor and I'm a happy camper. That plus 2 X1s would be ideal for me
    I had an idea quite a while back for a screen module that would attach to the back of a X1 or F1 (perhaps also a Z1 with appropriate cable run-through paths) to enable deck and library information for the decks being controlled by the controller its attached to. It'd more or less look like the top portion of the D2 minus the effects knobs and repositioning the deck buttons along the top to enable the slave controller to reassign deck controls on the fly. Could work by reading which decks are being controlled by the controller attached via the USB data being transmitted and setting up displays accordingly. Could even do the same with the Z2 mixer using a mounting bracket. They'd probably have to be USB3.0 powered to enable the use of both the screen and the controller without needing mains power being thrown into the equation and to tap bandwidth issues firmly on the head before they become an issue. Alternatively, it'd require mains power, but have a 2 or 4 port USB hub to enable daisy-chaining as per the D2.

On a similar note, I think there was a missed opportunity with the D2 to mandate the use of USB3.0 when not using the hubs to daisy-chain other controllers off of it. Time to start moving on from USB2.0, IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Karlos Santos View Post

Although I'm going to get 1 of the D2's to add to my collection of controllers, if there is an X1mk3 coming out with screens and 2 deck control without having to "flip" decks, that would give me a reason to fully upgrade from my pair of X1mk2.
    Main Gig Comp - MacBook Air 11" 1.3GHz i5, 4GB, 512GB, OS X 10.12.6
    Gig Gear - TSP 2.6.8 & 2.11.2, Kontrol X1mk2 (x2), D2 (x2), S5, Xone:92, Xone:PX5, CDJ-2000 (x2), DDJ-XP1 ... Rekordbox DJ 5 with a few packs ...
    Plenty of studio gear and not enough time ... and a few Nexo PA systems

Quote Originally Posted by Notanon View Post
    I don't think you'd necessarily need two separate screens for a X1 Mk3 or X2. You could just arrange it so that the waveforms for both decks being controlled appear one on top of the other in the default mode, then use one of the buttons on either side to toggle an individual decks information. More than two screens on a slightly larger X1-sized controller would be overkill, IMO.

I had an idea quite a while back for a screen module that would attach to the back of a X1 or F1 (perhaps also a Z1 with appropriate cable run-through paths) to enable deck and library information for the decks being controlled by the controller its attached to. It'd more or less look like the top portion of the D2 minus the effects knobs and repositioning the deck buttons along the top to enable the slave controller to reassign deck controls on the fly. Could work by reading which decks are being controlled by the controller attached via the USB data being transmitted and setting up displays accordingly. Could even do the same with the Z2 mixer using a mounting bracket. They'd probably have to be USB3.0 powered to enable the use of both the screen and the controller without needing mains power being thrown into the equation and to tap bandwidth issues firmly on the head before they become an issue. Alternatively, it'd require mains power, but have a 2 or 4 port USB hub to enable daisy-chaining as per the D2.

On a similar note, I think there was a missed opportunity with the D2 to mandate the use of USB3.0 when not using the hubs to daisy-chain other controllers off of it. Time to start moving on from USB2.0, IMO.
    Completely agree with this. I feel like the added bandwidth would only help especially when most computers only have 2 usbs. Interface goes on one then a hub with a external had and some controllers all get left to the second one.

Squidgy or clicky pads?
    DJ'ing: 2x1200MK2, DJM 850, Dicers, F1, Zomo MC-1000, Sony MDR-v700, i7 Win 10 HP Envy
    Production: Ableton Live 8 and a mouse, Sennheiser HD400, Sony VAIO

Click HERE to D/L Free Tracks from Soundcloud!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/Patchdj

I'd imagine they're just a bit squdgier than the ones on the s8....since it looks like essentially the same thing with a smaller chassis.

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

The D2 pads are the same as the S8 pads.
    The D2 is about 5mm wider than the same section on the S8. It's wider on the left side which is due to the D2 actually having a solid edge (if you get my drift).

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567