Official Traktor Kontrol D2 Discussion - Page 3
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

So they do. I can imagine if they stand up to being finger drummed on on the studio then they should be fine for this.
    Mobile DJ. 2 x Denon SC2900, Denon MC-6000 MK2, Wharfedale Titan 15a Powered Speakers, Titan A15 Subs, HP laptop. Shed load of lights!! Maschine Mikro MK2, Xone:K2.

2nd Generation Mobile DJ
    2G on Twitter | 2G on Facebook
    | RobDQuick On Soundcloud

that usb hub is magical...

Quote Originally Posted by Louie_V View Post
    Why aren't they adopting usb3.0 yet???
    Because it's simply not needed, the extra bandwidth is irrelevant for controllers.

Happy with the USB hub, but not sure if I want to move from my pair of X1mk2 and F1 yet. I don't really use 2 Remix Decks (hence a single F1) and I really like having access to all 4 decks shuttle/cues with the X1mk2's, when I tried out the S8 it really annoyed me having to swap deck control.

4 of these would be great, 1 for each deck ... but then it's 4 more power supplies to setup and removal of CDJ's to fit them in when I go to a club. I don't really want to carry around a 4-6 way power board, and the X1mk2's slot in-between CDJ's and Mixer very nicely.

It's going to be interesting seeing how these go once HID is allowed with the XDJ1000, yes I know the XDJ will cost considerably more but for the "traditional" style DJ they might be the better option if you want screens.
    Main Gig Comp - MacBook Air 11" 1.3GHz i5, 4GB, 512GB, OS X 10.12.6
    Gig Gear - TSP 2.6.8 & 2.11.2, Kontrol X1mk2 (x2), D2 (x2), S5, Xone:92, Xone:PX5, CDJ-2000 (x2), DDJ-XP1 ... Rekordbox DJ 5 with a few packs ...
    Plenty of studio gear and not enough time ... and a few Nexo PA systems

Quote Originally Posted by Stewe View Post
    Correct. You need additional power supply to support screen - same is with control S8.
    That's a nightmare to plug into a booth dough.... 2x power supply
    kudos for the usb hub, that's a must have with any gear that has usb port and power supply
    Denon X600 - 2x Denon SC-2000 - AKG K181DJ - NI Audio 2

Tech Guru

They look great, but having to need power for each controller, is going to be their failure in a club setting, fine if your the headliner, but if you have an hour or two hour slot, imagine having to set these up, unplug CDJs from the mixer, plug these in plus find power for them etc.

Don't get me wrong amazing technology and they're going to be used by all the big name DJs, but truth is CDjs have a strong club foothold and clubs aren't going to install these as well.

Great for home use of good parties that can afford to have two setups of mixers etc.
    Last edited by ekwipt; 03-27-2015 at 11:58 PM.

Now that i am relatively sober, moved to the hardware section
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Tech Wizard

Love the screens on these but the fact that they only control one deck is a deal breaker for me imo. Not really down to buy 3-4 of these. That's a LOT of extra space to take up. An x1 with added screens would be ideal for me especially considering I don't use the remix decks as I prefer to use ableton synced with traktor for that!
    Last edited by antunica; 03-28-2015 at 04:16 PM.

Tech Mentor

It looks to me that you can control all four decks from one controller.

The more I think about it, the more like it seems to be a match for the Z2, in terms of size and being the next step up from the X1/F1/Z1 series. I don't think the X1/F1s will become useless overnight, but can see them working in tandem with the D2s, i.e. a connected X1 would allow for library browsing on the D2's screen for the decks being controlled by the X1 and the D2 being able to allow for on-the-fly reconfiguration of which decks the X1 controls. Plenty of potential if done right.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast