Hey now...poor mans In Ear Moniter?!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Hey now...poor mans In Ear Moniter?!

Ok so I ran across this and it looks like a very viable option to getting custom fit IEMs

Check the vid, they are like $50

Tech Wizard

I wouldn't. Don't be surprised if you get what you paid for.

Tech Wizard

Notice the ad remains focused on its shaping capabilities rather than its sonic qualities. They want you to think that these offer what a custom in-ear-monitor offer. Believe me, they are far from that. No balanced armature drivers, not a truly custom in ear fit (the beginning clearly displays your typical flange fitting which THEN follows a molding of your ear, which in this case is completely unnecessary. I didn't know that any other part of my ear other than my ear canal can actually hear music.)

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Darken View Post
    I didn't know that any other part of my ear other than my ear canal can actually hear music.)
    Lolz

take em for what they are...a low priced way to have custom fit IEMs

i use the big headphones anyway, HDJ 2000s, but these might be good for someone on a budget.

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by 031999 View Post
    take em for what they are...a low priced way to have custom fit IEMs
    I don't think you follow. You can't consider these as 'IN-EAR-MONITORS' because every single person who purchased these did not go see an audiologist to have their ear impressions taken. Even the company does not call these monitors, look at the title of the YouTube video you linked. These are a universal fit with a custom molding that does absolutely nothing lol.

Heres a picture of my custom in-ears with a 5 driver per ear setup. 976394_4341297869490_716431521_o.jpg These are made after my ear impressions to sent to the makers, notice the entire piece is 1 piece, these fit deep deep into my ear canals to give me audio bliss, and they would never fit your ears even if you tried, unfortunate for you as you'll never get to hear the glory of these.

Quote Originally Posted by Darken View Post
    I don't think you follow. You can't consider these as 'IN-EAR-MONITORS' because every single person who purchased these did not go see an audiologist to have their ear impressions taken. Even the company does not call these monitors, look at the title of the YouTube video you linked. These are a universal fit with a custom molding that does absolutely nothing lol.

Heres a picture of my custom in-ears with a 5 driver per ear setup. 976394_4341297869490_716431521_o.jpg These are made after my ear impressions to sent to the makers, notice the entire piece is 1 piece, these fit deep deep into my ear canals to give me audio bliss, and they would never fit your ears even if you tried, unfortunate for you as you'll never get to hear the glory of these.
    and how much did you pay for those $800? for some people thats just not an option.

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by 031999 View Post
    and how much did you pay for those $800? for some people thats just not an option.
    Whoa, no need to get so sensitive. I'm only pointing out to you that these aren't custom in ears.

This thread delivers

From Ireland Living in Manila: Philippines :D

They obviously are pretty set on their target market, active people who don't need quality or isolation, just earbuds that don't fall out during gym time - nothing more, nothing less.

If you want a cheap pair of IEMS, Shure, Westone etc are designed with sound quality and musicians in mind and fit over ear so they wont fall out during gigs.

I don't think you follow. You can't consider these as 'IN-EAR-MONITORS' because every single person who purchased these did not go see an audiologist to have their ear impressions taken.
    Either do the ones I mentioned above, but they are still considered IEM's - even of they aren't custom and not nearly as comfortable or as good a seal.

The Decibulls however are just regular earbuds with a moldable surround.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast