Firmware FAQ and Upgrade Solutions - Page 10
Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910111213 LastLast
    DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by cassius View Post
    Ok sorry, my english is so bad, i didn't understood...
    Now i can't use my faders -x faders... in 2d int mixer

----and now it's ok... what's gonna be the newt problem lol?
    Make sure the mixer is set to internal in the preferences, not just the layout.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Intending to finally brave doing this this afternoon - anyone had any success with Win 7 64 bit and a USB - Serial cable?
    Traktor Scratch Pro 2/Serato SL1/Ecler NUO 3.0/VCI 100 SE/2 x Technics 1210 Mk2/Sennheiser HD25 II/Novation Dicers

Tech Convert

Hey guys, Well that took some will power I can tell you. Got my upgrade kit on the Wednes day last week and the VCI 100 Mk1 came the Friday. Have seen link to where I got it really cheap, no green sticker on back but I digress. Got the serial cable and upgrade chip from DJTT, I suggest anyone wanting to upgrade does the same just to be sure. Got my old PC, Windows XP service pack 2 with serial port. Took 1 year to fire up, 6 months to load Rennasis and about 30 seconds to load FW 1.4. like I say no problems, kept it plain and simple and to the script. The version used in video tutorial is 4.02.00 and that is the version I used. The link on web site is for something like 4.05.00, not sure if that makes any difference or not. I didn't even switch VCI on before I took it apart. Like i say, guaranteed no hassle with XP, DJTT serial cable, Rennasis 4.02.00. Just make sure chip is properly mounted into slot. First time I came to switch on VCI for boot mode, one jog wheel went red but chip was not aligned correctly. Placed chip straight and away it went. Only prob now is pitch not moving more than +2 but have not tried Shift+ pitch to centre as suggested in PDF with 3.6.4 folder. Thanks for everthing DJTT, keep on trucking. 10 4.

Tech Convert

Note to sherlock
    Have Windows 64 7 myself but was too scared to try. Having just upgraded myself last Saturday without any snags can only suggest to keep life simple and grab an oldish PC with XP sp2 with serial port, serial to serial, Rennasis 40.2.00 and follow the tutorial for guaranteed results. Never switched the thing on before I did this mind but nothing goes red and first time I used it the pitch went up to 7.5% not 8% but that is a damn sight better than the original small %. Kinda feel for the guys who have had problems. Its better to get cable from DJTT because serial to serial are pretty non existent in UK these days and even if you find one they are around 20 quid. Works out about 4 or 5 quid from these guys. No brainer if you ask me.

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by rite View Post
    I believe I'm in boot mode. I had the vci upside down on a couch cushion and no lights were on. Just to be sure, I held it up in the air making sure no buttons or jogs were touched and tried it again twice like that.

I follow the instructions in the video too, so this troubleshooting is making it look like my usb-serial cable is not good for this (I was warned). I'll try any suggestions anyone has. I hope to get access to a desktop pc with serial in early February. Either way, I will post here if/when I am successful in the 1.4 updgrade for the benefit of anyone following this.

thanks,
    rite
    I ended up having success by using a different usb to serial cable. My experience supports the advice on this forum that usb-serial cables are problematic for this compared to serial-serial. some usb-serial work (the one I just borrowed) and some usb-serial do not work (the one I bought from ebay). I don't know the brand or source of the one I borrowed unfortunately.

I am VERY happy with the 1.4 firmware, a definite improvement for the vci-100. To everyone out there with their vci all taken apart on their couch getting no love, hang in there. Use this forum and keep at it, and you'll be all good.

many thanks to the contributors on this forum.

rite

Tech Convert

Hi, I completed a button mod and a 1.4 firmware update two months ago, all seamed fine ( controller entered disco mode after firmware upgrade) but on the odd occasion when hitting fader fx mode traktor would crap itself. Now it appears the whole controller crashes and losses all connectivity to the pc, i have tried it on two other laptops and used different usb cables but still fails. please help!

Tech Convert

Angry The Same

Quote Originally Posted by Chrisaxeman View Post
    Hi, I completed a button mod and a 1.4 firmware update two months ago, all seamed fine ( controller entered disco mode after firmware upgrade) but on the odd occasion when hitting fader fx mode traktor would crap itself. Now it appears the whole controller crashes and losses all connectivity to the pc, i have tried it on two other laptops and used different usb cables but still fails. please help!
    I am kinda glad to see I am not the only one, I have a very similar experience, initially fine, but a bit odd around fader fx, but liveable. Very weirdly it has just gradually declined to unusable to the extent that now any control affects most of the others. What suprises me most is the gradual nature of the demise. I am happy to reflash the FW but I don't get this gradual thing, getting worse over several sessions. Can anyone comment on that?

Hallo all,
    please I need some help, since this is really exeeding my tech knowledge.

I was upgrading my charming VCI 100 FW 1,2 to 1,4.

I use Win 7 x64, i7 1,7GHz, 8GB Ram true DDR3, FDT 4,07.

I used USB 2,0 to Serial with settings: COM 6, waiting time 16 ms, timeout 100ms, packet size 4096 bytes, plug and play enabled.

I flashed software with SUCCES - no timeouts, no connection problems - I got answer from soft, that image was succesfully written to device
    BUT (!!!)
    or my device falls back to 1,2 or its not recognized by computer (after upgrade plugged to computer) and its unknown device - USB controller. (I had 5 succesful attempts for upgrade).
    I never got to disco mode or I saw that pitch faders behaves as in 1,2 which was before. VCI is in mint condition, computer is in mint condition, so I really do not know what to do.

PLEASE WHAT IS SOLUTION

PS:I tried to experiment with different port settings in terms of time, but it just lead to time out and to error 15024 (like timeout problem when you use soft 4,05 on Win 7 x64).
    PPS: I started to upgrade with version 4,05 - but no differences

Tech Convert

Default Error No 15024: Boot failed

Well I'm getting this OVER AND OVER AND OVER

Clock Frequency (External) = 24.0000MHz, Clock Mode = 0, CKM = 1, and CKP = N/A
    Connecting to device 'H8/3052F' on 'COM6'
    Configuration:
    'BOOT Mode' connection - using emulated interface
    Opening port 'COM6' ...
    Loading Comms DLL
    Loaded Comms DLL
    Initiating BOOT SCI sequence
    Attempting 9600
    Received immediate response from device: 0x55
    Attempting 4800
    Received immediate response from device: 0x00
    Attempting 2400
    Attempting 1200
    Error No 15024: Boot failed

Nobody at DJTECHTOOLS seems interested

I want my cash back

Gary

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by fantasywebm View Post
    I am kinda glad to see I am not the only one, I have a very similar experience, initially fine, but a bit odd around fader fx, but liveable. Very weirdly it has just gradually declined to unusable to the extent that now any control affects most of the others. What suprises me most is the gradual nature of the demise. I am happy to reflash the FW but I don't get this gradual thing, getting worse over several sessions. Can anyone comment on that?
    Update on this....

Was infact caused by a hardware fault on the VCI, the motherboard had to be replaced, now is perfect!!

Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910111213 LastLast