Looking for DJ Table or Booth Alternatives to IKEA hacks
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Looking for DJ Table or Booth Alternatives to IKEA hacks

Hello DJTechTools Forum

Im looking for a DJ Table or Booth that can Handle Turntables, Mixer etc weight. I currently have an Odyssey Folding table but it seems kind of week and wobbly. I did some search online but I haven't seen anything that I like so far. I was wondering if there are any alternatives such as truss tables or just a book case type of furniture that is NOT going to bend or break because of the weight of all the gear?

Any tips or links will be much appreciated,
    Thank you

I been looking at Ikea the past few days... They got some nice stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Kwal View Post
    I been looking at Ikea the past few days... They got some nice stuff.
    i built myself an all in one solution just before christmas using the dj tech tools ikea as a guide, i needed to sort something as i have a baby on the way and needed to clear out the spare room, after some deliberating with the mrs i managed to negotiate moving my kit into our bedroom. She stood laughing at me and scratching her head whilst i spent a day getting splinters and swearing alot but was impressed when i had finished (it matched the bedroom furniture so bonus points there), now i have room for all my vinyl 2x1210s, DJM, MPD, APC40, Amp, speakers, cd writer and my macbook and it looks amazing, would post pictures but im at work right now but the guide is certainly worth a look. Cost me a touch over £200 to make

I've got 2 expedites from Ikea (although I think they stopped making them, but I think they have another option now?) as bases and record storage and a 5 foot counter top. (pick one that's thick) I do have a crappy folding table underneath the counter top, but not for support - I just wanted the stuff raised a couple inches to avoid hunching. All this supporting my two 1210s, DJM900 NXS, cases for each, laptop stand and occasionally even a laptop.

I didn't even bother attaching them. Works great for me.
    2 x Technics 1210 MKII, Pioneer-DJM 900 Nexus, Traktor Scratch Pro, NI F1,
    Ableton Live 9.6 Suite, Ableton Push, Studio One 3, Moog Sub37, Roland Alpha Juno 2, Korg MS-20 Mini, Yamaha TG-77, TR-8, Rhodes MKI Stage, Wurlitzer 200a, couple pedals, couple amps, lots of software and a freakin iPad

Schalenberg

Quote Originally Posted by ImNotDedYet View Post
    I've got 2 expedites from Ikea (although I think they stopped making them, but I think they have another option now?) as bases and record storage and a 5 foot counter top. (pick one that's thick) I do have a crappy folding table underneath the counter top, but not for support - I just wanted the stuff raised a couple inches to avoid hunching. All this supporting my two 1210s, DJM900 NXS, cases for each, laptop stand and occasionally even a laptop.
    Do I sense a Show Your Setup update?!

Quote Originally Posted by Schalenberg View Post
    Do I sense a Show Your Setup update?!
    LOL, my last show your setup update included all that. At this point however, with all my production stuff, I'd need a panoramic. My living room is literally a used record/music store. Fortunately, the girl I'm dating used to be a recording studio owner, so it's not a turn off for her. I'm probably just going to have to marry her because most any other girl would be like...WTF?
    2 x Technics 1210 MKII, Pioneer-DJM 900 Nexus, Traktor Scratch Pro, NI F1,
    Ableton Live 9.6 Suite, Ableton Push, Studio One 3, Moog Sub37, Roland Alpha Juno 2, Korg MS-20 Mini, Yamaha TG-77, TR-8, Rhodes MKI Stage, Wurlitzer 200a, couple pedals, couple amps, lots of software and a freakin iPad

Tech Mentor

Ikea Expedit alternative spoken about here at DJWorx

http://djworx.com/ikea-nornas-solid-...pos=0&at_tot=1

Cheaper option form IKEA
    http://www.ikea.com/gb/en/catalog/pr...350/#/70251354

with trestle legs taking it up to 900mm
    http://www.ikea.com/gb/en/catalog/pr...293/#/00225293

I built my own out of MDF. It cost less than 50 bucks to build. I didnt paint it though.
    Last edited by keithace; 03-18-2015 at 07:16 PM.
    Weapons, not food, not homes, not shoes
    Not need, just feed the war cannibal animal

I use this for a base. It's solid and works great for a variety of applications, especially since it's height adjustable. I'm currently using it for my production setup, with a cheap Ikea tabletop and one of their shelves mounted on the Capita angled legs.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast