Older DJ's - Page 7
Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 LastLast

Thread: Older DJ's

cheeky bump to remind you oldies that a lot lot of you are in your 40's now & in some case's 50+

I love this thread, Inspirational to all the late bloomers or mature folk who have developed and/or still have a passion for the craft

Married with a house & Mortgage. + Kids in the short term plans. 29 turning 30 early 2012 and was a late stater @ 27 albielt a long time music/clubber/raver enthusiast.

my wild partying years of a weekend which started on a friday and ended sunday night are now reserved for the odd festival and a rare night out.

But I get a lot of satisafaction out of playing the odd private party and a few weddings here & there.

Some regrets that I didnt get into it earlier, but have had an enjoyable ride to date and have made some good friends along the way

My Bedroom walls & 7 month old Staffy are my biggest fans (not so much the wife :eek

When I was in my late teens early 20 and had been raving a lot, I often thought I would want to do this forever and worried about being to old one day.
    But as I have grown and aged, so to have my prioritys, relationships & peers. And I have realised that I am exactly where I want to be

What lies behind us and what lies ahead of us are tiny matters compared to what lives within us.
    -Henry David Thoreau
    "Wow! I wanna be just like your friend! Thats honestly what i told my mom and dad when i was about 11 years old...i said when i grow up i wanna dj for rich people"

Tech Mentor

I am 47. I started doing mobile DJ stuff when I was 14 or 15.

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

I'm not the oldest at 40 and I'm pretty sure there's a couple of guys in their 50's on here. I do think I have the oldest kids though. 16 year old son and 12 year old daughter. It's not so much the playing out that I'm back in it for but the digging and sharing the tunes. That's really how I got started in this whole thing working in record stores since I was 18. I've got the bi-weekly radio show that's really is great for giving me an excuse to buy music often and an outlet to share.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

im 75 and still kicking
    Production: HP G62 2.6 dual core, 8gb ram | Live 8 | APC40 | MPD32 | MPK Mini | NI A2 | KRK Rokit 6 G2s | 6pack of Rolling Rock
    DJ: Kontrol X1 | TP2

Quote Originally Posted by nuke5 View Post
    im 75 and still kicking
    cool story bro!

@photjojo, your the father figure round here lol
    "Wow! I wanna be just like your friend! Thats honestly what i told my mom and dad when i was about 11 years old...i said when i grow up i wanna dj for rich people"

Quote Originally Posted by Zaniac View Post
    cool story bro!

@photjojo, your the father figure round here lol
    i try my best young one
    Production: HP G62 2.6 dual core, 8gb ram | Live 8 | APC40 | MPD32 | MPK Mini | NI A2 | KRK Rokit 6 G2s | 6pack of Rolling Rock

Quote Originally Posted by nuke5 View Post
    i try my best young one
    & I try my best to live up to your high standards Mr Miyagi

edit: Mixer Miyagi
    Last edited by Zaniac; 10-27-2011 at 11:04 PM.

We make sacred pact. I promise teach DJ to you, you promise learn. I say, you do, no questions.

Im 42, still doing it, same ol, just different music and better equipment, but still use my tables!

i'm 41, was a mobile dj in my teens, took it up about 3,5 years ago, have a residency every weekend at zanzibar beach club here on Curacao. and loving every minute.

Still don't have a dj name, well they call me now DJ Thomas, that's my real name, but could better have been DJ M-CRISIS (M stands for mid-life).

I do some mobile stuff as well. And love the new technology, made dj life a lot easier, no more lurking with vinyl and cd's.
    http://soundcloud.com/thom-b/
    2011-04-14-the-corners-of-my

KONTROL S8, 2x KONTROL D2, XONE DB4, traktor audio 10, kontrol x1, pioneer hdj 2000, software traktor scratch pro 2 & ableton suite 9

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 LastLast