Older DJ's - Page 5
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Older DJ's

Quote Originally Posted by JesterNZDJ View Post
    Just don't start going on about the war lol
    when i were a lad!

Quote Originally Posted by faeruithir View Post
    Hey guys

I'm from Hong Kong, a city with an extremely vibrant nightlife and one of the most well known (and probably well paid) DJs there is a guy called DJ Kulu. Now this guy has got to be like 70+... just look at him...

just goes to show you can still DJ as long as you love music...
    that's great

Tech Wizard

39 here, married, still spin at home and a few times outside a year.

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Ciar2001 View Post
    that's great
    I met him many times, a nice old guy.

Same here, going to turn 37 in a month, have a 6 month litlte girl. As djing is more a hobby than anything else nowadays I don't worry, I just love music and I just love to mix.

What worries me if I can be honest is I don't go out that many often now, many of my friends are too lazy (or got some belly). One of the last times I was in a club was to play, all the clubbers were like 15-20 years and I felt like an old git (that was a strange feeling, you know a bit when the first time a pretty girl calls you 'sir'). The only guys of my age roughly were some of the staff and the djs.
    The only place I don't have this feeling now is at Ibiza were the crowd is much more mixed.

Tech Mentor

32 been mixing since 95

started on Techs went CD then Digital

now back on Vinyl its more fun !

I'm 29 and I only just started... So yeah.

Default new "old" scratch

I move the record with my cane while bumping the table with my plastic hip to make the record skip. (the plastic gives it just the right amount of force).
    You should see the grannies get low with their walkers when I play flo rida.

I don't think I expected a 5 page thread out of this. I'm feeling the love.....as well as the rheumatism.

From San Francisco, 36 years old with 4 kids (9, 5, 3, 1)... DJ'n has always been a labor of love for me. Never been about money or name recognition. But rather about sharing the music I love and rockin' the crowd. I'm in the non-profit industry, as a community organizer around local economic & environmental issues, and have been able to incorporate my talents with the work I do. Let's say I'm the non-profits organization DJ of choice... cheap and always down!

I won't lie... digital dj'n has been challenging! Not the actual mixing, beat matching, song selection, etc. But rather the technology and the overwhelming amount of info and tech savvy one has to acquire. The hours behind the computer reading blogs & researching equipment... I cut my teeth on vinyl and the only reason I have slowly migrated to digital (Scratch Live) is because a majority of the music I spin is Latin (cumbia, rock, salsa, hip hop, reggae) and I was a bored with my sets all being pre-'87. It's open up a whole new world and my love for music keeps growing.

At 36 you can catch me rockin' weekend dance/dj sessions with my kids and bi-monthly non-profit benefits at a club, church hall and/or outdoor festivals.

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast