William Gibson's kit.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default William Gibson's kit.

Well, my wife is constantly kicking me out of where I set up. Im now in a spare bedroom and this is the longest I have ever been in one spot at about 4 months now. Pretty simple set up. If I am working on producing or building effects racks i sit down and use the keyboard/mouse/Push, When Im working on a mix I switch things real quick. I stash the Push on the bottom tray and pull up my RGB and MFPro on top so I can stand. Thats about it...

Rokit 8 G2's.
    '11 13'' MBP, 512GB Samsung 840 pro SSD, 700GB Seagate HDD in optibay, 16GB DDR3.
    Apple track pad.
    Apple Keyboard (no vis).
    Mercury elite Pro 1TB RAID for backup.
    Apogee Duet.
    Ableton Live 9 suite with sync.
    Ohm RGB Slim.
    Midi Fighter Pro.
    Midi Fighter Twister.
    Push.
    Finger on the "complete checkout" button for QSC K12s the next time my wife is gone for atleast a week.
    "No Honey, those have always been there..."

20150103_155527.jpg

That is a very slick setup! Apogee makes such great interfaces, I love my uno to death. I've never really looked into a Ohm why did you opt for one of those over the APC40? What do you usually map the knobs themselves to? Sorry for all the questions

I had an APC for a while. The 2 things that drew me to the ohm is build quality and simplicity. Being new to live and djing ment me getting really confused, really easy. Like I said in the other thread, the apc with the Ill Gates template, to a beginner, was very confusing. I spent more time fumbling around then getting anything done. I came across the will marshal ohm template and had to get one. I havnt looked back since. The ohm is super solid and I absolutely love everything about the WM template for it.

Starting with the left side, the 4 columns are your 4 "decks" HML and line faders. The bottons under the line faders switch you to the track. Hitting button 1 will bring you to deck 1, hit it again and it brings you to the devices on deck 1. hit it again and it brings you back to clip view, etc.

Moving to the middle you have the grid that is broken up into 4 quadrants. upper left is your clips, lower left is cue for each deck and clip stop. Upper right are dummy clips with patterns. Lower right is effects bipass for each of the 4 decks and the strip across the whole bottom is master vu meter. cross fader at the bottom is wet/dry for dummy clips. bottom to left and right of cross fader is tempo up and down in .5 increments.

Moving on to the right side, buttons on top are for clip launch navigation (the red box) and a few other minor things. The next 4 columns are for each deck. Knobs are mapped to ill gates LPF/HPF and line faders are mapped to WMs fade to grey. 4 buttons at the bottom are beat repeats.

Midi fighter pro is set up for one shot samples on the buttons and I have been experimenting with riser effects on the 2 cross faders.

Twister is set up for building effects racks.

Few, I think I covered everything...

"No Honey, those have always been there..."

Sick!

"ill gates LPF/HPF" do you mean how his APC40 Faders were a combo highpass/lowpass? I've been interested in trying to replicate the idea. Thanks for the lowdown!

Thanks Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by Hi Im Shy View Post
    "ill gates LPF/HPF" do you mean how his APC40 Faders were a combo highpass/lowpass? I've been interested in trying to replicate the idea. Thanks for the lowdown!
    Are you refering to his 'smart' faders? The line faders that have the crossing filters? Nope, not those. Im talking about his pioneer emulator of the one knob for lpf and hpf. When the knob is at 12 o clock its dry. Moving to the right is a lpf, moving to the left is a hpf.

those smart faders that I think your talking about are absolutly rediculous. You can make a buttery smooth transition by simply slide track Bs line fader up and track As down. So buttery smooth that I refused to use it. I mean, you already have beats locked. With those faders its just too much cheating...

Schalenberg

very nice!
    Traktor/Ableton /Komplete /MBP OSX el capitan

http://www.soundcloud.com/deejaesnafu

what table is that? got a link?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast