DJ 101 for Absolute Beginner: Feeling Overwhelmed! - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Tech Mentor

I used the original version of this website http://www.recess.co.uk/index.html it must have been approx 10 years ago now.

In fact i was sorting through some of my old crap in my DJ room and came across the printouts from his original website - was pretty nostalgic - it really helped me out in the early days. He wrote the DJing for dummies book as well so that might be worth picking up.

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Deejaesnafu View Post
    Without even clicking the link, u must be talking about ellaskins...lol
    Ha! Jokes on you! It was actually a link to... Yeah, it was ellaskins. Haha. Love that guys dedication, you don't find much love like that any more.
    Kontrol S4Senn HD 25-1Kontrol F1

Quote Originally Posted by Kwal View Post
    I would start by finding a friend or someone who knows what they're doing. Do you have any friends who DJ?
    Absolutely the best way to learn. 1998, after party, mate let me play with his decks for a few hours, absolute awful mix, then voila, Eureka moment. Helped me for a few months till I was able to mix D+B at at parties around Manchester,

yah having a mentor is a great luxury if you can find one. personally i learned when i lived in a town of 1000 people and was by far the only person that even understood the concept of what you would want two record players for. for 20+ years i have never been lucky enough to come across someone that could or WOULD help me learn , outside of the web. actually once i met a couple of brothers that were amazing at scratching and i would session with them, and that was cool, but even they would just give ambiguous advice like try pulling the record back with your thumb instead off your fingers lol.
    Traktor/Ableton /Komplete /MBP OSX el capitan

http://www.soundcloud.com/deejaesnafu

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123