Hercules DJ console MK2 controller mapping for virtualdJ 6 and traktor scratch pro - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Tech Student

Default LED issue with Hercules MK2 and Traktor Pro

Hi guys,
    thanks Dean for the info - if I had known this was here I wouldn't have spent an hour figuring out the mapping by trial and error!
    I just wondered if you managed to get the LED lighting to come on when selecting different modes Fx/Cue/Loop. I updated the driver and firmware for the Hercules MK2 and the LEDs were working until I had the stupid brainwave of updating Traktor Pro to 1.2.2 and now I have the same problem again... is it a driver problem again?
    ps the buttons do have an 'output' mode for LED options in the mapping but it doesnt seem to be working

Hi jval278,

yeah the lights work in 1.2.1 just map them to the correct midi output, i havnt got around to installing 1.2.2 yet i am steady away with 1.1.2 for the moment...
    i have posted my 1.2.1 tsi on here somewhere... in that file the lights are working... might be an idea to back up your tsi and load up mine and take a look at the output settings and adapt it to yours.

PD. The latency i stated in previous posts is now much lower... on my main pc it runs without glitches at 1ms very low... and on the laptop i use for djing live its solid at 5ms... not sure but i have a feeling that windows 7 x64 seems to handle the application and drivers much better than previous versions.

l8rz
    you cant beat a better bit of butter on your knife!

Quote Originally Posted by djtechtools14 View Post
    i suggest you spend a couple of hours remapping your device from scratch
    genius
    you cant beat a better bit of butter on your knife!

Tech Student

Default LEDs working

Hi Dean,

I rooted around a bit actually after I posted that and found that Hercules have made a .tsi available for 1.2.2 so I imported that and it is all working good.
    Thanks for your help!

Hercules provides mapping for Traktor as well as a document explaining how to configure the audio par on their support site:

http://ts.hercules.com/eng/index.php...&pid=177&cid=5

As for Virtual DJ 6, be sure to download the latest update for Virtual DJ (version 6.04 at the moment) and the most recent driver from Hercules.

Once you launch VDJ, go into the software configuration > Mapper tab, and normally, the MK2 should appear in the list.
    The Phat One

Tech Convert

Hi. Dean etc...thanks for taking the time and trouble to post these settings. It was becoming a headache for me and i think - though i've still got to try it - you've sorted my problems for me. Cheers boys.

Blackjake

Tech Convert

Not working. It tells me to load the tks file - there are three. I doesn't make any difference which one I click on, none of them do anything. What do I do now? Also the jpg doesn't seem to correspond to any settings I have, for example FX2 - 3 ammount. There are two possible fx locations one in Decks and one in Master and neither of them have 'ammount' as an option. Infact I despite not knowing whether to choose from decks or master even in these categories there is also a choice between effect knob 1 or effect button 1, so a bit on the incomplete side there.

Tech Convert

Got it to work - thanks!

Tech Student

Cheers for this its a big help to me.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12