Hercules DJ console MK2 controller mapping for virtualdJ 6 and traktor scratch pro
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Student

Default Hercules DJ console MK2 controller mapping for virtualdJ 6 and traktor scratch pro

hiii
    this is Reggie here i have a Hercules DJ console mk2 controller and am using a license version of virtual dj controller

but i am trying to use the controller with virtual DJ 6 for trying out and it does not take it in as a controller it just act as a plain sound card , so how do i get my DJ console Mk 2 to work with virtual DJ 6 am trying a lot but all in vain even though the setting r there for the controller in virtual DJ 6 but after even loading it does not wok plzzzzzzz help me out here

Same as the above problem am also trying it out for traktor scratch pro but there r few problems with it
    1/ after importing the setting for DJ console mk2 setting in the traktor they don't remain stable, sometimes the jog doesn't work to move the song for cueing, have problem using the headphone to select particular deck some time this works fine some time it doesn't , even though all work well and i do save the settings and next time i start the program and load these setting back i loose some mapping of the jog and the head phone cue selector
    plzzzz help me out i i have asked a lot here but it will really be great if u guys can sort out this mess 4 me thanking u in advance

Hi Reggie.
    I have a Hercules DJ Console and it works seamlessly with Traktor 1.1.2 and 1.2.2
    I have never nor want to use Virtual DJ - Software* with this controller so i cannot help you there.

I would recommend that you go to the hercules support page and download the latest drivers for the device this will also update the ROM chip on the device and bring it all up to date.

My settings in the DJ Console manager are 48000hz ASIO 24-Bit @ 10ms. This works well with external mixing, giving me two decks - A and B which i run into an external mixer.

Select the Hercules ASIO as your main device and your audio input settings are configured correctly inside traktor.

As for the mapping... there is a default tsi that comes with Traktor this gives you all the stuff you need to mix, if you want to customize the mapping i suggest you start from scratch... find the hecules midi mapping manual and assign the buttons and lights to your needs.

Always make regular exports of your tsi files and settings in Traktor 1.1.2.....
    you cant beat a better bit of butter on your knife!

I have attached the map layout of the Hercules MK2 if you want i can post the .tsi for Traktor 1.1.2 and 1.2

*the effects unit 2 buttons are the sames as effects unit 1 small error in my image, on/off in chained and reset - select 1 select 2 in advanced

As requested my personal hercules mk2 tsi..
    Last edited by dean; 11-14-2009 at 06:12 AM.

Tech Student

hi dean thnx 4 the reply my controller does work with traktor scratch pro but there r some issues like when i play a track on deck A, the head phone selector of the controller when switched to A or for he same reason switched to B i cannot listen on the track but when kept on mix mode on the selector or split it works how do i hear each deck individually some time it comes on and sometime doesn't

Same goes for he jog dial , when i change a track on the deck and use the dial to move it around to cue for the first time it works fine but when changed again the jog shows no response and the track does not move same for the other deck the midi symbol on the traktor blinks stating it is receiving but then the jog as well as the head phone selector problems remain the same any tips for resolving it do mail me the .tsi file for traktor 1.1.2 and 1.2

Quote Originally Posted by djreggy View Post
    hi dean thnx 4 the reply my controller does work with traktor scratch pro but there r some issues like when i play a track on deck A, the head phone selector of the controller when switched to A or for he same reason switched to B i cannot listen on the track but when kept on mix mode on the selector or split it works how do i hear each deck individually some time it comes on and sometime doesn't

Same goes for he jog dial , when i change a track on the deck and use the dial to move it around to cue for the first time it works fine but when changed again the jog shows no response and the track does not move same for the other deck the midi symbol on the traktor blinks stating it is receiving but then the jog as well as the head phone selector problems remain the same any tips for resolving it do mail me the .tsi file for traktor 1.1.2 and 1.2
    Hi Djreggy... again make sure you have checked all the things i commented on in my last posts...

The Monitor function works fine in the default tsi make sure when you first load traktor you click using your mouse the monitor button for A when the device is set to A and it should flick to B when you switch to B and back again.

I have no issues with the Jogs, it would seem that you are in a either effects, loops or cue mode... when you use the 123 effects/cue/loops buttons the jogs are automatically locked until you come out of the selected mode... this is a modifier in the tsi settings.

This is why i suggest you spend a couple of hours remapping your device from scratch...

Are you mixing internally or externally, what OS are you running and what driver version do you have installed?

Tech Student

Default using virtual dj time code cd with the dj console connected

Hii Dean reggie here again

my friend has virtual dj 6 pro version and also got the time code cd's can i use my dj console mk2 with the time code cd's how do connect it , I am using a pioneer cmx 3000 player so how do i connect these 3 to the laptop

i am also having a small problem with individual listening of each deck on the virtual6 pro when i connect my DJ console mk2 to it when i flip my switch on the controller of the headphone selection to deck A or Deck B i cannot hear single deck i can only hear them in mix and in the split mode i can hear only the playing deck the deck that i am cueing cannot be heard so how do i solve this i want to cue each deck like on a real mixer u know what i mean rather than listening to the master out

Hi.

As i stated in an earlier post i have never used Virtual DJ - Software* with this controller so i cannot help you there.

Sorry mate... i think you should read the posts correctly.

Tech Student

Default how to get the LED working in traktor scratch pro

hi-ii Dean thanks for the earlier replies i have sough-ted out the control for virtual dj 6 its working gr8 and the traktor too. i only have a small issue to resolve with the led of my MK2 controller since u told me that when i am in effects ,cue or loop mode the jog locks it self but then due to the led lights not coming on i d don't know in Wat section i am in as i want to use the jog to cue my tracks i have to keep pressing it till the jog comes on

so if u can give me some tips on mapping the LED on the dj console MK2 as i don't know any thing about midi mapping. would really like to learn midi mapping

i want the button to work as pressed once FX led lighting up to use the effect
    pressed the second time CUE led lighting up to use the cues
    pressed the third time LOOP led lighting up to use the loop and
    pressing the forth time i need all the led off so that the jog is on to be used for cueing
    if u could give me some settings i can try plzz or any document i could refer or take some knowledge on how to map it

Quote Originally Posted by djreggy View Post
    if u could give me some settings i can try plzz or any document i could refer or take some knowledge on how to map it
    Hi Djreggy, i have attached the PDF you will need to map your device.

Hi, i have attached my personal hercules mk2 map for traktor 1.1.2

I will update it to the 1.2.3 version when this version of traktor is available for the masses!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast