Newb's setup !!

Thread: Newb's setup !!

Tech Convert

Default Newb's setup !!

Hey guys,

I'm here to learn, not get flamed at. Yes - I'm a complete newb to the Dj world. No denying that. I've a long way to go. Any advice, no matter how small or insignificant it may seem will be appriciated.

I had some cheap as decks in my teens, circa the year 2000. I gave up as the equipment was sh*t, I preferred to listen to good mixes instead of repeatedly listening to my own "train crash sh*t" ..... and ..... i didn't have the patience.

skip forward 15 years, and at 29 (30 in less than a fortnight :S) and I've decided to give it a go again.

I've set myself up with some basic, but capable (in my eyes) equipment
    Built myself a functioning ikea desk.
    And putting in some practice ....

Equipment -

A pair of CDJ 400's
    DJM 400
    Pair of HDJ 1000's
    Denon Mc2000
    Serato (upgraded to the full version)

I had a set of b2031a's organised to pick up couple of days ago, but they sold them before I got there

So I bought the denon/serato instead - lol. Probably a bad decision, but I wanted it to bring out by the pool on weekends to practice more.

Just using a Sony HiFi at the minute. I've dropped a lot of cash on all this in about a week, so the monitors might need to go on the back burner for a bit

I'm still learning to beatmatch, and doing so-so successfully ..... Well, I am cheating and looking a grids etc in serato, but not using the sync button.
    I am starting to get the hang of what to listen for. Soon I'm hoping to not have to use them at all.

anyway, here's some pics. Let me know what you think.
    Going to get some artwork, lights etc next.

Invest on a couple of studio monitors for speakers

Tech Convert

hmmmm

Better than mine.

Yeah, get some monitors

Oh snap!

I just noticed you have the pioneer HDJ-1000's, I still have those! solid headphones!

Nice one and welcome to DJTT.
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Nice gear. I have the same Sony speakers
    SoundCloud
    Mixcloud
    Progression on TFB-Radio
    Pioneer CDJ-100, Pioneer DJM-250, Technics RP-DH1200

Tech Wizard

very nice little hybrid set up!