MissPinky for Max4Live - Page 4
Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by BentoSan View Post
    Heres a post i just did on the ms pinky forums -

Sorry for not getting this patch up i have been making more alternations !

Heres a list of things i have added -

Temporary Cue drop (think cdj)

Cue play for floating cue point

Save Cue function - Saves the cue to the last selected cue slot

A button to load the selected song into the deck - for if you don't want to load the songs automatically as soon as you click on them.

Floating window for cue and loop buttons that allow for the cue and loop points to be midi learnt using midi notes - atm you cant midi learn the individual cue points, midi learning the cue points with a note on/off will just take you to the next cue point in the lost (as all of the buttons appear as one midi learnable object).

Floating wave file windows that stretch across the whole screen - so you can now look at your waveforms without even having that channel open. There IS a catch though, it appears the UIwaveform object doesnt take too kindly to being stretched out like this and thus trying to jump to another position of the song, making loop points and setting cue points wont work very well at all - you will still need to set your cue points, loop points and playhead skipping on the small waveform inside the object(which remains untouched) until the object is fixed to do this sort of thing(i hope it will get updated !). These floating waveforms are still however incredibly useful when your mixing.

Heres an image to ponder over as i do some more testing to make sure everything is working as described before i release this patch (i promise i wont go making any more functions until i let you guys have a rip of this !)

I am fairly surprised no one has commented on the floating wav forms, this i a feature Ableton users have been dieing to have for a long time.
    Last edited by BentoSan; 03-17-2010 at 08:13 AM.

Mudo

I go far and expect floating maxforlive device window.

xD

Yeah i have been playing with that, i only want the bare essentials shown however.

So if you wanted a floating window what would you expect to see on it ? Bare in mind that i want to keep it to the bare essentials to conserve screen real estate.

I was thinking -

1) current playing track name and the name of the highlighted clip showing ready to be loaded in would be appropriate.

2) time passed and the time remaining clocks

3) Load track button and auto-load button toggle.

4) The error metric so you know if your needle or timecode is getting dusty.

5) Reverse button

6) Loop segment

7) Fat resample

8) Pitch lock

9) Transport buttons (skip to track start, rewind, stop/play, fast forward, skip to track end)

8) Loop points list

9) Cue points list

Anything else ???

Mudo

In fly audio buffer in. (This could be cheated using looper and drag and drop clips...)

infinite decks (one for channel of course) with its own float window (for beatmaching)

midi/osc output or jitter video support.

more or less that's all...

1) Not sure what you mean by this, do you mean something like the clist beatlookup effect

2)I have been wanting to do something like this but currently theres no way to store BPM info which is a huge bummer, ill eventually work that out though.
    It already supports infinite decks

3) I have no plans on working with video until way down the track when the audio side of things has everything i could ever want. Personally i have no need for an OSC or Midi output at this stage - ill might work on that when i do video if someone already hasnt done so.

Mudo

1- Yes

2- One deck float window for channel

3- You asked "what else" I answer "Video". I'm not demand you, I'm sharing thoughts

4-
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X5-idJJ5Y4E

http://www.jazzmutant.com/news.php

Download beta and find ideas for implement.

5- (Don't forget to) Enjoy Tooltablism revolution!

Quote Originally Posted by Mudo View Post
    2- One deck float window for channel
    Yup i got that already, i am already working on putting the features i talked about above on the floating interface - should only be a couple hours and ill do another print screen of where i am currently at.

Ok yeah... i said i wouldn't add any more features until i do a release but i just cant help myself

Mudo

I'm learning maxmsp/pd now... I'm not so "cute" programming!

If I will be... audiobuffer will be past!

Put these controls and share, please! It is a great work!

Here is an updating showing the changes that i have made to the floating windows to show all the useful info while your mixing(but not everything). The idea was to give you access to all the stuff you really need to see while mixing and leave the config tools in the original window in order to keep these floating windows as small as possible while still being super useful.

Click the image to get a better view:
    Last edited by BentoSan; 03-17-2010 at 12:33 PM.

Mudo

Could you take one pic with two different audio sources? I don't really understand if there is useful for beatmaching or not...

Sorry Bento.

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast