MissPinky for Max4Live - Page 3
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by BentoSan View Post
    Amen to that !

If you get the feeling Traktor is holding back your creativity when it comes to what you can do then this is definitely the way to go - the possibilities are endless.
    I have to be honest, I didn't know what Max was until M4L was released but it's such an obvious next level part to both DJing and music production. It's everything contained in Live made customizable which (okay embarrasing example) has done EVERYTHING for other types of software (read: World of Warcraft)

Shit it almosts feels like this makes most plugins obsolete, people are gonna copy and refine old ideas for us to tailor to our exact needs. I'm in love...
    I used to link music in my signature but nowadays I don't.

Tech Mentor

For me I haven't seen and end to using plugins yet. For one my M4L skill are only as current as M4L itself. And two, I have found many limitations so far that keep my plugins in use if not more valuable than before.

For me there's a kind of give and take with M4L. If I want to use M4L instead of something I was using before, there will be a sacrafice, somewhere. Kind of like using Live's reverb to save CPU as opposed to a plug. I have yet to get beat repeating devices to replace what Clists BeatLookUp does so beautifully and then some.

However I do hope that future updates with Live, M4L, and new super CPU laptops will provide possibilities that are not currently available.

I also have a new found appreciation for Reaktor out of using M4L. Although they are similar, it is true that Reaktor can definitely do some things much better than M4L, and M4L can do some things Reaktor cannot.
    Last edited by JuanSOLO; 03-11-2010 at 01:23 PM.

Ill paypal donate to anyone who can make a decent id3 tag reader/writer in javascript and have it working in max using the "js" object $20 US for their trouble !

This offer lasts until i can find a way to read/write id3 tags effectively myself which looks like it might have me learning java to pull this off.

Mudo

New patch...

http://www.mspinky.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=3699#3699

and about id tag maybe in pure data we could find something useful (and maybe we could agree with some pure data feedback...)

[Bang]---------[Collaboration]---------[*]----------[Shared Result]-----[Bang']

whoaaaaa this new patch is wiked !!!

I thought the mspinky team just gave out the basics then was going to leave (thats basically said what they were going to do) it at that but it appears not. This new patch looks wiked ima load it up right now

Edit: Damnit ! the link is broken for the moment
    Last edited by BentoSan; 03-12-2010 at 07:02 AM.

Mudo

Link Ready.

Enjoy!

PS: Ms Pinky Team are all.

That patch looks like all my problems, rolled up, and SOLVED in one!!! Bento - can you confirm that loading 2 instances of the pach doesn't cause any problems???

P.S - I've sold my copy of Mixvibes and the money is ear-marked for Ms Pinky. Gonna go for the 2xPink scratch vinyl package!
    DJ'ing: 2x1200MK2, DJM 850, Dicers, F1, Zomo MC-1000, Sony MDR-v700, i7 Win 10 HP Envy
    Production: Ableton Live 8 and a mouse, Sennheiser HD400, Sony VAIO

Click HERE to D/L Free Tracks from Soundcloud!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/Patchdj

Quote Originally Posted by Patch View Post
    That patch looks like all my problems, rolled up, and SOLVED in one!!! Bento - can you confirm that loading 2 instances of the pach doesn't cause any problems???

P.S - I've sold my copy of Mixvibes and the money is ear-marked for Ms Pinky. Gonna go for the 2xPink scratch vinyl package!
    I bought 8 vinyls and got send 10 Going from my invoice it looks like for every 4 vinyl you buy you get 1 free. I wont have to buy timecode for a looong time haha Well worth the money, Ms Pinky is cheap yet still very decent quality.

Also yes i have been mixing with this for the last hour or so and had no problems using 2 instances of this plugin

The patch is far from perfect and still has a long way to go but its very nice to see that progress is being made. Hopefully we can get a number of DJTToolers aboard and help push the patch even futher - i can see this being really great long term project !

Mudo

Well I spent 7 years of my life and it is just starting to seem my initial idea born.

Now go for:

In fly Audio Buffer.
    Transport control.
    Midi control with turntable vector.
    Midi/HID control of Pinky patch.

Research, research, research and... build!

Heres a post i just did on the ms pinky forums -

Sorry for not getting this patch up i have been making more alternations !

Heres a list of things i have added -

Temporary Cue drop (think cdj)

Cue play for floating cue point

Save Cue function - Saves the cue to the last selected cue slot

A button to load the selected song into the deck - for if you don't want to load the songs automatically as soon as you click on them.

Floating window for cue and loop buttons that allow for the cue and loop points to be midi learnt using midi notes - atm you cant midi learn the individual cue points, midi learning the cue points with a note on/off will just take you to the next cue point in the lost (as all of the buttons appear as one midi learnable object).

Floating wave file windows that stretch across the whole screen - so you can now look at your waveforms without even having that channel open. There IS a catch though, it appears the UIwaveform object doesnt take too kindly to being stretched out like this and thus trying to jump to another position of the song, making loop points and setting cue points wont work very well at all - you will still need to set your cue points, loop points and playhead skipping on the small waveform inside the object(which remains untouched) until the object is fixed to do this sort of thing(i hope it will get updated !). These floating waveforms are still however incredibly useful when your mixing.

Heres an image to ponder over as i do some more testing to make sure everything is working as described before i release this patch (i promise i wont go making any more functions until i let you guys have a rip of this !)

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast