Akai LPD8 mapping - Page 4
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

I think i know what your issue is...

If you install and open up teh LPD8 Editor software that came with your LPD8 you will see that the cc numbers that are assigned to the rotarys are the same as the ones assigned to teh pads.

Just assign different numbers to the rotorys or the pads and you will sort your problem.

Gav
    M I S T E R M O L E Y M O L E
    part of the digital revolution

Tech Convert

Hello, guys.

I have a question about mapping LPD8 to use with Traktor.
    1) I wrote to AKAI support but still no answer, so I decided to ask you: does anyone know if I can upgrade LPD8's firmware? Mine is .102 and I think I need at least .112 to be able to use feedback LED-s from traktor.
    2) I'm trying to make pads 1-4 and pads 5-8 works as hotcues for deck A and deck B respectively. I have no idea how to do that, thow. I want to accomplish this:
    • When I press, say, hotcue 1 button and there is no hotcue 1 set, I want to set it
    • When I press, say, hotcue 1 button and there is a hotcue, I want to Cue-play it.

Is there a way to do this? I'm currently using Traktor 1.1.1

Thank you all in advance,
    Hristo.

Tech Guru

Yes it's not an akai thing thats why they havent answered you it's a traktor thing, I'm not sure which exact one it is but I beleive it is under Cue/Loops and Hotcue Select/ Store or something similiar to that sorry for the horrible spelling a little tired atm

all the lpd8 mapping works fine until i try to use my VCI 100 alongside and then the mappings get all screwy...ive tried a variety of options but i cant seem to get them to run at the same time without some things (i.e. when i increase volume through vci100 it also adjust the tempo down on deck B?) random stuff. Any help to get them to run simultaneously would be greatly appreciated.

hey is it possible to use the lpd with a vci 100 ??? i just wanna use it for firering up some hotcues....
    an could i use a part of your mapping to do that would be great if u could tell me if this is possible...got some issues with my lpd8 to use it alongside my vestax...
    Last edited by CurryWurst; 07-14-2010 at 09:38 AM.

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CurryWurst View Post
    hey is it possible to use the lpd with a vci 100 ??? i just wanna use it for firering up some hotcues....
    Yes...

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=LPD8+with+VCI+100
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

thank u very much

got some fatal bugs while using them together any idea why ????

got vci 100 with djtt mapping and firmware 1.2...is that the problem...

greetings from berlin...

CurryWurst
    ÖHHH was geht hier ab o.O

Tech Convert

thanks alex for this amazing works !!!!
    now i try to learn from it !!

Hey is there anywhere I can go to read about all of the functions? CC, PC, midi, bank, etc. All of this is way over my head. I wanted to get into producing music so I decided to start with a nice simple akai lpd8. I'm on a mac and I have garageband as my only software. The only knob I can get to work so far is K7 for volume control. Any total beginner's guides?

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast