Common VCI-100 Firmware Questions - Page 9
Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast
    Tech Convert

Hello Ean and the DJTT-Community,

I´m so sad, that I missed your live-show on saturday.
    I´ve got a burning issue:

Would it be possible to get an higher pitch-fader resolution (10-bit) by a modifyed firmware? (for the VCI 100)

Or is there a limitation by the VCI 100 Hardware?

Thanks

Hey guys, so I've read all through all 9 pages of this post and I'm still not getting past this point:

Clock Frequency (External) = 24.0000MHz, Clock Mode = 0, CKM = 1, and CKP = N/A
    Connecting to device 'H8/3052F' on 'COM1'
    Configuration:
    'BOOT Mode' connection - using emulated interface
    Opening port 'COM1' ...
    Loading Comms DLL
    Loaded Comms DLL
    Initiating BOOT SCI sequence
    Attempting 9600
    Attempting 4800
    Attempting 2400
    Attempting 1200
    Error No 15024: Boot failed

That damn 15024 error is crushing my hopes and dreams ... and keeping me up too late. I am using a serial extension cable male to female, I've tried changing the COM# numerous times, I've used three different USB ports on different computers and hubs for powering the VCI. It lights up when I remove the flash upgrade, and then turn on USB power, so it's getting juice. I've also tried the serial port off my lenovo dock and with my Compaq Evo. Both are giving me the same errors.

I want to play on the SE soooooo bad :-(

Can I haz some help pleaze?

Thanks guys!

I remember reading that alot of people were having difficulties this... Have you tried using a different usb cable?
    Can't remember any of the specifics sorry, just have a memory that the problem was being caused by the cable itself..
    Hope this helps..

fusion

Well, I tried a different USB cable in multiple USB ports, with the same result.

I've even disconnected the serial cable all together and the FDT program is saying the same thing:

Flash Development Toolkit and flash programming components
    are provided without support

FDT API initialised: version 4, 02, 00, 008
    Clock Frequency (External) = 24.0000MHz, Clock Mode = 0, CKM = 1, and CKP = N/A
    Connecting to device 'H8/3052F' on 'COM1'
    Configuration:
    'BOOT Mode' connection - using emulated interface
    Opening port 'COM1' ...
    Loading Comms DLL
    Loaded Comms DLL
    Initiating BOOT SCI sequence
    Attempting 9600
    Attempting 4800
    Attempting 2400
    Attempting 1200
    Error No 15024: Boot failed

Shouldn't it give me a more immediate error that nothing is connected?

I've read a lot of people have the 15024 error when using a USB to serial cable, but I'm not, and never have used one. I'm just using a serial female to male extension cable.

Has anyone else had and overcome the 15024 error while using a female to male serial cable? I read the other sticky post on the firmware questions and haven't found anything that seems to solve my problem.

:-[ Queue the Ean Golden distress signal!!

Tech Wizard

Check if it is a good serial cable. You say it is an extension cable, try using a 1:1 serial cable so you know that it is capable of transferring data (i had the same issue). Also check if you don't have a program to update things like a PDA or something that uses a COM port (check my post in the other sticky firmware thread on last page).
    Macbook Pro, VCI-100 FW 1.3, Traktor Pro, Audio 2 DJ

It's all about the house music, and it always will be.

How would I tell if the cable is 1:1?

It's male to female, so I assumed it was the correct type (compared to the null modem type Ean warned against)

I was wondering if it was the cable, but those suckers are hard to come by these days and I don't have another to compare it to.

Thanks for your help guys, hopefully soon I'll be up and running like the rest of you!

Tech Wizard

What country are you from?

I had exactly the same problem, i first ordered a extension cable because it was male to female. That didn't work so i looked up the website i ordered it and i saw 2 other cables which said 1:1 in the ad. They were m to m and f to f so i had to order both but it worked.
    Macbook Pro, VCI-100 FW 1.3, Traktor Pro, Audio 2 DJ

It's all about the house music, and it always will be.

I'm in the sinking ship that is the U.S.A. Empire!

I'm having a hard time finding a cable online that is 1:1.

Hey Ean, it might be helpful to add a link or two on the firmware upgrade store page that can direct customers to a serial cable that is the correct type.

I've spent the whole day calling around the city trying to find a store that still has one. I'm too impatient to wait for one to be shipped to me, I'm American dammit!!

Can anyone tell me if a serial "extension" cable (male to female) will work for the upgrade? That is what i bought, but I can't get past the 15024 error. I've called all over town and no computer shop has one in stock.

I'm just trying to figure out if i need to spend the money for another cable, or if the problem is somewhere else.

Thanks for any help!

Tech Student

im horrible with the hardware side to technology and have reached the part of the firmware update where i need to pull out this cable harness and it just wont budge, ive tried everything from a knife to pliers! In all videos i have checked the thing just pops out.... mine just wont, whats the secret to prying it loose for the first time? i think im one tug away from snapping it.

Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast