Common VCI-100 Firmware Questions - Page 7
Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Scratch what i said, wasn't on basic, silly me. I now have Firmware 1.3 and love it! Chuffed that i got through that walk through unscaved, all i'm waitin on now are some version 2.1 overlays. Ean golden you legend!!

Tech Mentor

PopUp Order for the Basic FDT:
    1- Device and Kernel
    2- Communications Port
    3- Device Settings
    4- Connection Type
    5- Programming Options (Finished)

After clicking finished you're brought back to "FDT Simple Interface" window.
    In the "File Selection" fieldset there's the "Download File" radio selected.

If not already checked, check "User/Data Area" and click the arrow button on the right.
    A menu will appear, choose "Browse..." and then select the firmware file to upload onto the VCI-100.

Press "Program Flash" once you are ready to flash the device.

Update: Oops, hadn't seen your reply... :S

Hi there
    i've got a strange problem, i updated my vci from 1.2 to 1.3
    the 4th fx button works now, but the freeze function doesn't work
    i'm using the latest tsi. Can someone help my?

Default RE: FX not freezing

The FX section needs to be set to "advanced" mode rather than "chained" unders settings.

Quote Originally Posted by EanGolden View Post
    A few quick notes: We are all entering new territory here so I appreciate your patience while everyone figures out any possible variations between systems. With that being said, Midifidler, do you think its best if people start new threads for specific problems/questions?

I can confirm that Vestax has reported that there have been random results with serial to USB cables and renesas. Can anyone that has had trouble with these cables try a desktop with a serial connection?
    Error No 15024: Boot failed
    same thing............ thats all i get....................dude..this blows. this was not a good time to quit smoking
    "Music is the purest form of art... therefore true poets, they who are seers, seek to express the universe in terms of music... " "Music is your own experience, your own thoughts, your wisdom. If you don't live it, it won't come out of your horn. They teach you there's a boundary line to music. But, man, there's no boundary line to art." Quotes of wisdom...

Tech Convert

Wink Got it working

I had loads of problems getting the firmware upgrade to work using a usb to serial converter. So i decided to do it the old fashioned way. I took back my usb to serial & traded it in for a serial to serial (male to female).

I have a laptop and its pretty budget new laptop with minimal functionality in terms of connections, haven't even got a SD slot. So i went into a internet cafe and explained the situation. they had loads of computers with serial connections.

Just follow all the steps on http://www.djtechtools.com/2008/08/1...ware/#more-656 exactly and you will be sweet. usb to serial is not a good idea they run on completely different speeds.

good luck.

1.3 flashed on with no problems at all. I made sure I had the correct serial lead (i.e, non usb) before attempthing it. However 2 little queries.

1) Does 1.3 come on as default, or do I have to select 1.3 on boot up of the VCI100 (as I know you can switch between 1.2 and 1.3) Or what is a good test to make sure 1.3 is working? I actually dont know what the difference is in terms of functionality

2) Earth problem. Bit of a worry this one! I get a very little shock when touching the VCI 100 - I did not notice it at first because I have the new face plate (hiding the metal). Have I put it back together incorrectly? I have not checked whether the thing is earthed yet. Planning on doing that tonight.

Cheers

DJTT Super Moderator midifidler's Avatar

1.3 is now the default.

The shock you get could be more related to the computer the VCI is plugged into being poorly earthed. Do you get the same shock when you touch the metal round the usb connectors on the computer?

Also some people are really prone to feeling tiny amounts of curren that others like myself never feel.

- This is fortunate for me as I fairly often receive 8,000 volt shocks in my line of work!

Quote Originally Posted by midifidler View Post
    1.3 is now the default.

The shock you get could be more related to the computer the VCI is plugged into being poorly earthed. Do you get the same shock when you touch the metal round the usb connectors on the computer?

Also some people are really prone to feeling tiny amounts of curren that others like myself never feel.

- This is fortunate for me as I fairly often receive 8,000 volt shocks in my line of work!
    Cheers for the helpful reply. I went home and tried another computer and had no problem, then tried the orginal computer, but using another USB slot and again no problems. So thanks so helping - my grey hair can hopefully go un-noticed again. Every thing went so smoothly until that little buzzy feeling and it was only hours after I put a nail through my lighting main whilst trying to remove squeeky floor boards.

The moral of this story is I can live with sqeeky floor boards

Tech Convert

Default Using an old Lenovo and USB to serial

I can connect- but I can't see where to load thefirmware... It's as if I am using a different software package.
    I click on the VCI-100SE fireware zip firmware package- and click on VCI-100 se fireware- that opens up in FDT

Then I select "configure flash project" Select the correct device (with USB power not connected and power off) Com 7( a port that only shows up when my device is connected) so it sees my serial to USB connection

I then connect USB power and switch on.. "connect to device" and I connect...yay...but...

But then I can not see that window to load the software to flash.. The video online is so blurry I can't read it- and it does not have the window that I see to flash on the video. I used all the updated links..

grrrr...All the fun is bring sucked out of my VCI at this point..Anyone want to flash my machine for me for $20? I live in Aspen Colorado- and would send it with a prepaid fedex return label.

I don't want to switch to serato..

- or ....even better... forget mailing the machine..

For Apple users. I have a 17" macbook pro... if someone wants to ichat me...and then I could let them see my screen- and using parallels... could this be done? I'd paypal someone instantly who can do this... I can get a copy of parallels....
    Last edited by Golden Ears; 09-05-2009 at 10:02 PM.

Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast