Common VCI-100 Firmware Questions - Page 15
Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ... 51112131415161718 LastLast
    DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

You need to make absolutely certain none of the buttons or jogs are being touched to get the VCI into boot mode. I used rolls of tape to support it, but books along the edge would work as well.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Tech Wizard

Is my fader(right-leftjogwheel) working like it should? It's like left or right jogwheel playing. Nothing like 30% of right and 70% left.

Thanks in advance!

Tech Student

Quote Originally Posted by thevinn View Post
    The store says "The VCI-100 upgrade kits will be on sale in mid September" does that mean I have to wait? Or is the page outdated?

I got my upgrade kit and followed the steps outlined in the video. However, when I power on the unit the LED lights turn on. Apparently, I can't make it go into Boot Mode. I double and triple checked to make sure the kit is sitting snug on the connector. The only other thing I can think might possibly be wrong is that I have my COM Port set up incorrectly. ...Or perhaps my Serial Cable is bad. Would either of these things prevent my unit from entering boot mode?

Tech Convert

i think i killed my vci while trying to update the firmware..or at least fucked her up seriously. the shift/exit button and the load/copy button both don't seem to work anymore. when pressing those buttons the data led does not respond, neither does traktor. i thought i fixed the problem when i removed the screw on the back which says gnd (what does that mean anyway?) but now it's all back not working, with or without the screw.

what did i do wrong?

thanks

Tech Convert

no ideas?

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by rcolbourne View Post
    How to adjust FDT to work with USB to Serial cables. In the directory which you installed FDT, there will be a file called "FDTAdvancedSetup.exe". You can use this file to adjust the delays sent by FDT.

Essentially, a USB connection is way quicker than a serial connection and as such, sometimes your connection will be too quick for the software. The connection gets ahead of the instructions and the instructions get lost resulting in time outs.

So, back to FTDAdvancedSetup... go into this, you will see two boxes you can click on: "connection settings" and "configure serial port...". Click the "configure serial port..." box. In here, you will see a box "enable serial port delay fix". You want to make sure that's checked. Then where it says delay value, enter 1000 or something (1000 worked for me, you may need to go higher depending on the cable). Disregard where it says the lower the value the better, that doesn't really apply to us as we're just downloading the file, not doing live programming.

This should fix all those time outs and connection errors when using a USB to serial adapter.
    Exactly what I needed, THANK YOU!

Tech Convert

Default Upgrade Question

Hey guys. you prob think this is stupid question but have ordered upgrade kit, just waiting for it to arrive. VCI 100 MK1 coming tom. Not gonna use till I place overlay on and upgrade to FW 1.4. Question is once upgraded I take it you remove the chip after instalation or do you leave it still attached inside. i know silly I know but been a vinyl head for years just getting into yhis digital thing. Peace Love and Happiness Yall.

Tech Convert

Default Big Up

Oh and one more thing, mAXIMUM PROPS to man like Ean and dem at DJTT. Great service this, as I said newby to digital and its you guys that got me hungry again, new creative possibilities. Just like ableton you guys know what gear rocks. Just not liking the probs other people have had with upgrade situation. Noticed on video that software is something like 4.00 wereas link is 4.05 does it make difference using a more up to date version of rennasis software or not. Got both to be safe, one from vid and one from link. Peace

Tech Convert

Default General

Wanted to get one of your VCI 10 SE's but was gonna cost just short of 200 bucks to have it brought into UK due to VAT and import Tax.
    Last edited by Thenavigator; 01-26-2011 at 05:33 AM.

Tech Convert

Yes! Firmware upgrade kit and Overlay Arrived this morn. I live in N. Wales and took a week to arrive. I'm impressed because i bought VCI 1oo MK1 2 days before from England and am still waiting. Thanks for the stickers to guys, nice touch. Hope the VCI arrives today. Good that am starting straight with the SE instead of having to change the way you work from say Factory standard to SE. Stoked guys. Concise, Efficient,Informative, Clever, and good looking, what can I say, you got it goin on. All hail the guys who give us the ,Technical Tools to Jockey those Discs. Have a drink on me guys, you earned it. I take it Ean you have some kinda background in writting code and programming to reverse engineer the 100. Take care. Peace Love and Happiness. Oh and of course Rocking Beats.