Common VCI-100 Firmware Questions - Page 12
Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 ... LastLast

Got it to work after a couple of tries and throwing my ego (since I feel like an idiot at this time lol) on the floor I'll say this, to ensure successful update make sure you switch the controller on when its time to install the firmware, I didnt for the first 7-8 tries.... lolol.

Worked like a charm when i finally realised what i was doing wrong Very nice DJ TT!!! loving it so far
    1x Allen & Heath Xone K2, 1xXone K1, Edirol PCR M1, 4x Numark TTXUSB, Audio10 and a truck load of vinyl...

I read that a lot of people had problems after upgrading to Firmware 1.3. I also had this problem with the pitch pend jog wheel....wit the plate...i know now what the problem was....i didnt use my VCI because of this problem for a long time. Today i opened again the VCI 100 and i saw that i didnt plug in of the cables which i did disconect....on the tutorial Ean says unplug it temporarly....I think that beacause everyone follows the instructions 1 to 1 and at no time its said in the tutorial to plug again the cable....a lot of people just forget it...and thats the problem i think most of you guys have with the jog wheel..

My VCI 100 SE is now working great....and after editing the new mapping i know it will be great..

I am in Love

All the Best, Oliver Little Martinez

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

First time through third time I got to where it said communication complete then the software would crash. Reinstalled the software and changed the delay value in the FTDAdvancedSetup.exe to 1000 and it all went through like a charm. And just for future info I used a Dynex DX-UBDB9 USB to serial cable from Best Buy on com 4 on a Mac Book Pro running Windows XP SP3 in Boot camp.

Now, has anybody seen my masking tape?
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

I've recently installed 1.3 on my VCI-100, and everything works fine, except that the left jog wheel still has the ramp-up issue. For example when using Fader FX mode, if I tap and spin the left jog wheel, and take my hand off, the effect only turns off when the wheel stops turning, not when I take my hand off.

The right jog wheel behaves as expected - the effect turns off as soon as my hand leaves the jog, regardless if the jog is spinning or not.

I'm using the 3.5.1 mapping.

Anyone else get this?

Default Why Should I!?

I Don't want to sound sassy, and I'm probably a little ignorant on this one, but why should I upgrade my the firmware on my standard VCI-100? Beyond just fixing bugs, what else does it do that the 3.5 mapping doesn't do?

I've got the SE overlay and Traktor Pro, but on the mapping section of the website it said that the latest mapping worked with all versions of the VCI-100 but best with the 1.3 firmware. Well obviously things work well when they're all upgraded and bugless, but that was a little ambiguous, so I was wondering if someone could offer some helpful advice. Why should I upgrade my firmware if I'll get (virtually) all the functionality of the SE without dropping the $30?

What exactly will I miss?

Not to mention the fact that I have no experience with electronics or upgrading so seeing the amount of people who've had issues (if not simple issues, issues nonetheless) is a little unnerving for a noob.

@Bampistolwhip
    Hey mate thought I'd clarify this one or try to, first of all both firmware versions on the vci have nasty or annoying bugs, the jog ramp up bug for 1.1 and duplicate buttons on 1.2,
    one is obviously a performance issue (the jog goes bonkers)
    the other is comfusing, pressing the fourth fx button lights up another button. any way you look at it both these issues can potentially cause problems in a live set.
    The WHY:
    I have upgraded to 1.3 and eliminated those problems and also improved performance and features using the DJ TT mappings. It may not change the universe around you but getting it will in my opinion and experience make the VCI 100 a more reliable unit.
    The HOW:
    In most cases (including my own) people have had trouble with the update for three reasons
    1 they didnt follow the video closely enough (I myseelf forgot to actually put the vci in boot mode so of ourse the update failed)
    2 They didnt extract the file before trying to apply it
    3 Faulty Upgrade Kit (this on is pretty damn rare, I have only heard of it through 3rd-4th party)
    Also you can alternatively take the unit to your dealer with the firmware version and get them to do it for you.

Either way mate, in all honesty the added features and bug squashing are pretty essential in my opinion, and if you do run into trouble the DJ TT people are pretty amazing at support.
    1x Allen & Heath Xone K2, 1xXone K1, Edirol PCR M1, 4x Numark TTXUSB, Audio10 and a truck load of vinyl...

Tech Convert

Cycling the power on my vci 100 by leaving it turned on but unplugging and replugging the usb cable to my laptop did the trick.

I have yet to give the controller a serious test run, but initial indications are that it's working great.

Cheers for all the hard work making this possible!

Darvin Knorr - Sons Of Aurora
    Director/Promoter/DJ
    Area 709 Recordings

DJ Nokturnal
    Zenon Records
    http://www.myspace.com/nokturnalispsytrance

I need some help upgrading up firmware, I think I have all the settings right but im getting this error message about downloading kernel.

Clock Frequency (External) = 24.0000MHz, Clock Mode = 0, CKM = 1, and CKP = N/A
    Connecting to device 'H8/3052F' on 'COM7'
    Configuration:
    'BOOT Mode' connection - using emulated interface
    Opening port 'COM7' ...
    Loading Comms DLL
    Loaded Comms DLL
    Initiating BOOT SCI sequence
    Attempting 9600
    Received immediate response from device: 0xAA
    Using micro-Kernel : 'C:\Program Files\Renesas\FDT4.05\kernels\ProtB\3052\Renesas\1 _2_00\uGen3052.cde'
    Downloading and verifying micro kernel...
    Error No 15009: Failed to download the micro-Kernel
    Error No 15019: Download() failed

Can someone please help me out with this, thanks.

Still no dice for me!

The VCI just does not go into Boot Mode.

Tried pretty much everything at this point. I even got a 2nd adapter from DJTT as I could not get the first one to work.

Both adapters have the same effect....no boot mode.

Anyone have this issue?

I use a normal serial cable...windows XP desktop.

No boot. I tried the suggestion by Midifidler to bridge one of the connections, but not sure if this worked or not. Could have been my solder job.

Any other idea's before I purchase a 3rd adapter?

Thanks.

Sarasin
    APC80:STR8-100's+Ortofon Concorde Scratch\Electro:ButterRugz:TSP2-NI Audio4DJ:Xone22+Innofader:MacBook Pro 15"
    www.soundcloud.com/djsarasin
    www.youtube.com/adriansarasin

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sarasin View Post
    Still no dice for me!

The VCI just does not go into Boot Mode.

Tried pretty much everything at this point. I even got a 2nd adapter from DJTT as I could not get the first one to work.

Both adapters have the same effect....no boot mode.

Anyone have this issue?

I use a normal serial cable...windows XP desktop.

No boot. I tried the suggestion by Midifidler to bridge one of the connections, but not sure if this worked or not. Could have been my solder job.

Any other idea's before I purchase a 3rd adapter?

Thanks.

Sarasin
    Have you tried any other cables?
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 ... LastLast