Common VCI-100 Firmware Questions - Page 11
Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast
    Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by lewdelesion View Post
    Maybe if I quote myself, I'll get attention...
    Lew, sorry, I am not too sure but if you go at it logically you might get results, I just made sure I had the serial cable plugged into PC first, then into firmware module, then plugged it into VCI. Then I opened the software and ran the steps as shown in the youtube video, it automatically picked up that the device was plugged into COM1.

I think the only thing I did differently was that I had the cable and firmware module plugged in before I ran the software although I didn't turn the vci on until I was ready to flash it. Not sure then if that would make a difference as the computer would not know anything was attached to the serial cable if there was no power to it, I think.

Not sure what would happen if you turn on your vci before opening the software but then I wouldn't wanna screw about with something as expensive as this controller!

Are you fully sure your serial cable is not actually null modem? I don't know how you would be able to tell though, i guess if the firmware software is detecting it then it must be the right kind, not much help I'm afraid, sorry

EDIT: The previous posts about this error all seem to relate to the device not getting into Boot mode before flashing, can you make sure the pcb is properly seated before you turn it on and verify that it is definitely in boot mode before you start the flash sequence? Maybe noob comments but usually probs like this are due to simple stuff not being quite right.
    Last edited by darryljames; 03-11-2010 at 02:10 PM.

Tech Wizard

Would it be possible to get an higher pitch-fader resolution (10-bit) by a modifyed firmware?maybe on the next firmware upgrade
    Or is there a limitation by the VCI 100 Hardware?
    I own a DIY firmware kit; and I need to know if this will happen, if not then I'm selling my KIT (Portugal only)
    thank you
    Last edited by pARtybOy; 03-13-2010 at 05:45 PM.
    http://soundcloud.com/partyb0y
    http://soundcloud.com/partyb0y3
    MB BlackE2008 C2D 2.2ghz 4GB WD500GB + OSX 10.7.4 + Stanton SCS.1m + Stanton SCS.1d + Virtual DJ 8 : Traktor Pro 2.6 + Audio 2 DJ + VCI-100 mk1.4

Tech Convert

So I've bought a VCI-100SE second hand and I'm a little confused as to whether or not the previous owner has upgraded to 1.3. It was a normal VCI-100 for which he bought an overlay and the knob pack.

When I press the button above right of the left jog wheel (labeled "copy to C" on my not up to date overlay) the button changes colour when depressed. According to the OP that should mean I have 1.3 correct? However the fourth effect button seems to double up functionality with the "juggle" button (top right of the unit on my overlay version). So I'm confused... do I have 1.3 or not?

Tech Student

Quote Originally Posted by iancairns01iancairns01 View Post
    ean in yor video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F0dcr...eature=channel at 2mins 44secs in, this page doesn't pop up for me to install the downloaded firmware, its the screen after the one that says boot mode, how do i get it open? i'm stumped i've everything open infront of me , don't know what to do next, i hope your on-line now!!! quick please!!
    I have the same problem, theres no window available to select the firmware file and i cant find any solution. I´m not sure if i have the right version of the flash development toolkit (fdt 4.05) because i cant change into the basic version like ean did in the video.

Can anybody help me...
    Last edited by Tonliebe; 03-30-2010 at 08:25 AM.

Hi, i have a problem , i do the firmware upgrade , but the ramp up problem continues, what i have to do ?? Thanx !

OK here lies my problem I have searched hi and low for a serial cable all i can find is a male to male ,no male to female ,But i have found a female to female adapter will this work or can i buy a female to female serial cable and hook up the 2 together

Tech Wizard

I had the same problem the 1:1 cables where male to male or female to female. I bought them both and hooked them up together, no problems at all.
    Macbook Pro, VCI-100 FW 1.3, Traktor Pro, Audio 2 DJ

It's all about the house music, and it always will be.

well i walked into radio shack and low and behold they had one so tomorrow im going for it thanks

My update fails each time I try it says "Error No 15024: Boot failed" any idea?
    S4 Macbook Sennheiser hd25-1 ii #Winning

I found you have to make sure everything is tight flat and has good connection and dont forget to turn on the vci .

Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast