Common VCI-100 Firmware Questions - Page 10
Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast
    Tech Convert

I had the same problem.
    In the videos it looks out so easyly, but it wasn´t.

Never pull to strong on the cable.
    In front of the clip you can bend carefully the parts with the cut out sqares. First one side, then the other side! Now get one fingernail under the clip and pull up, while bending the sqare-parts to the front.

And then you need to be patient. Good luck

Sorry for my bad english!

Can anyone tell me if a serial "extension" cable (male to female) will work for the upgrade? That is what i bought, but I can't get past the 15024 error. I've called all over town and no computer shop has one in stock.

I'm just trying to figure out if i need to spend the money for another cable, or if the problem is somewhere else.

Thanks for any help!

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by lewdelesion View Post
    Can anyone tell me if a serial "extension" cable (male to female) will work for the upgrade? That is what i bought, but I can't get past the 15024 error. I've called all over town and no computer shop has one in stock.

I'm just trying to figure out if i need to spend the money for another cable, or if the problem is somewhere else.

Thanks for any help!
    Actually that is what I used, the serial port on my PC has a male socket and the firmware upgrade board has a female socket so I got a female to male and it seems to have worked fine, will confirm tonight once I get TPro all hooked up and mapped.

The only thing I did differently was to have the cable plugged in and attached to the board and vci before I plugged in tha turned on the power.

Okay, well if a serial extension cable will work, then what could be causing this 15024 error?

It seems as if the software is not connecting at all with the upgrade chip. I've plugged the USB into numerous sources, unplugged and replugged and all that. But still it seems like I can't connect.

Any advice to confirm my computer is seeing the chip?

Question Help! Renesas FDT links not working ...

Hi all - first, massive props to the DJTT team, I have recently received the new VCI-100 v3 overlay - it looks awesome and the mapping is top notch. Quick delivery to the UK as well

I also ordered the firmware upgrade kit - and herein lies the problem. None of the links to the Renesas website for downloading the Flash Kit are working. Even if I browse to the Renesas site and navigate through their menus, fill in the download request form etc .... still no joy.

Could someone please post an alternative, working download link? I am itching to get the new firmware on asap.

Ditto.

UPDATE

Found it here

Nice work Shifty! Downloading now ...

THANKS AGAIN

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Checker55 View Post
    Hello Ean and the DJTT-Community,

I´m so sad, that I missed your live-show on saturday.
    I´ve got a burning issue:

Would it be possible to get an higher pitch-fader resolution (10-bit) by a modifyed firmware? (for the VCI 100)

Or is there a limitation by the VCI 100 Hardware?

Thanks
    I've got the same question, I own a DIY firmware kit; and I need to know if this will happen, if not then I'm selling my KIT (Portugal only)
    thank you
    http://soundcloud.com/partyb0y
    http://soundcloud.com/partyb0y3
    MB BlackE2008 C2D 2.2ghz 4GB WD500GB + OSX 10.7.4 + Stanton SCS.1m + Stanton SCS.1d + Virtual DJ 8 : Traktor Pro 2.6 + Audio 2 DJ + VCI-100 mk1.4

Quote Originally Posted by lewdelesion View Post
    Okay, well if a serial extension cable will work, then what could be causing this 15024 error?

It seems as if the software is not connecting at all with the upgrade chip. I've plugged the USB into numerous sources, unplugged and replugged and all that. But still it seems like I can't connect.

Any advice to confirm my computer is seeing the chip?
    Maybe if I quote myself, I'll get attention...

Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast