Touchosc Traktor 2 Pro (4 deck Pioneer Inspired mappings)
    Tech Student

Default Touchosc Traktor 2 Pro (4 deck Pioneer Inspired mappings)

I just realised this will be my first post so hi all I've been lurking around for a while finding heaps of good info on the forum! Hopefully someone else will like this and find it usefull.

I got bored on a 5 hour flight and I was missing my pioneer gear (2xCDJ2000 and 1x900NXS) so I decided to make a touchosc inspired version's of them. These can be used with Touchosc Bridge (so no need for Osculator etc) and everything as tested fine for me. I dont use 4 decks normally but it was easy to add them in there and I might get used to using them someday. My main aim in this was to put the users focus on the ipad (except when browsing for tracks). So warning lights, volume levels etc all feed back to the ipad so you can keep your focus there.

Notes:
    Layout is: Deck A-DeckB-Mixer-DeckC-DeckD
    Loop LED's currently light up left to right as if your scrolling along them, I couldn't figure out how to only the one you want to select light up (help anyone?)
    I put play buttons in the mixer area because Traktor doesn't do fader start (so workaround of doing this in my mind)
    When on the mixer screen, if the track gets below 30 seconds run time a LED will light up behind each letter to warn you
    EQ Reset buttons will reset the EQ of the deck you press on back to it's defaults. Saves you having to fiddle with getting EQ's back to normal with your fingers.
    Press the shift button + hotcute button to delete a hotcue
    Press on the center of the deck and it will stop the music just like a CDJ

Download touchosc and tsi file

Last edited by opticon; 02-23-2012 at 04:43 AM.

Tech Mentor

Hi.
    This looks really interesting, but the download doesn't seem to worK!
    Cheers

IAN WILLIAMS

Tech Mentor

Finally got this downloaded. ....this is very impressive. I could easily imagine DJing on this if necessary.

The only changes i'd make are;

1. - Make the layout C / A / Mixer / B / D. ....so for normal use, you're only going one swipe from the mixer to deck A or B.

2. - Make the gain control filter by default, but gain via a shift key.

3. - Add a "sync" button You could lose the "eject" button & replace with "sync. .....Yes I know it's a CDJ substitute, & I could manage perfectly well without it (mixing for over 20 years). But let's be honest, it's something we all use when we're in a hurry!

Apart from that. Top work! & this is going on my Mac / ipad as a back up controller.
    Last edited by thisisian; 02-23-2012 at 10:30 AM.
    Cheers

IAN WILLIAMS

Tech Mentor

Actually, I've changed my mind on the layout.

If I was using this as a back up controller, i'd most likely mix externally (if there was a mixer available). So having A & B on adjacent screens would then make more sense.
    Cheers

IAN WILLIAMS

Tech Wizard

I love this mapping! It's the only one I use with TouchOSC for track decks. I remapped gain as filters across the mixer and I plan on mapping the shift gain option. Auto gain works fine for now. I am going to look into the OSC editor so I can rearrange the layout (C\A|B/D).The only issue I'm having is that nothing in either effects section works and I can't see to find the problem. I'm using one effect per bank in chained mode. Has anyone had a chance to look at this or have a solution? Otherwise it's perfect. Thanks!

Default Its not longer aviable

Its not longer aviable can you upload it again , please man i will love to see it