The Drum & Bass Thread (formally Drum 'n' Bass is dead?) - Page 98
Page 98 of 223 FirstFirst ... 4888949596979899100101102108148198 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by midian View Post
    Whoa, dude that sick !

edit: Only 29 most posts to go !

Might be doing some more d&b production work on Friday!
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --

whats a good website to stream dnb mixes

also whats the difference between jungle and dnb or are they just the same thing just diff names
    www.myspace.com/djxsquizet
    my arsenal:
    2x vestax pdx, numark dxm09, m-audio x session pro, and ableton live 6.

I spin hip hop/electro/top 40

my 10minmix video
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oqAgSmaG4zM

nope, jungle was invented before dnb and jungle actually uses chopped samples from the famous "amen break" (or the "apache" break, or .......), some funk record from the 60s (i think) - search youtube for it, there's a really good video with explanations about that.

therefore the drums of most jungle tunes feel somehow similar.
    also the break of jungle is a little bit more chopped, complex, more glitchy (sorry, i speak german so i don't know how to express myself in english )

the drums of dnb are somehow more electronic (mostly) and they (mostly - with exceptions like neuro) all have the same kind of 2-step beat.

that's my explanation as one dnb-n00b, but i'm sure the heads living in this thread can give you much better explanations!

MBP, 10.5.6, TPro 2.0.1, Kontrol S4, VCI-300, a bunch of other makes-nerds-happy-stuff
    ...and still haven't got the heart to get rid of my Turntables, Mixer and my Vinyls
    Reggae, Ragga, Dancehall, Chill Out, Dubstep, Breaks, Drum & Bass

Quote Originally Posted by djxsquizet View Post
    whats a good website to stream dnb mixes
    dnbsets.de
    dnbradio.com
    myspace.com/damien1138

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iTz9cIO6q2A

this tunes pretty bad, got my copy on order

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nxLoQ_hoolM

Another decent Sub Focus track... lookin forward to hie ep release... june sometime i hear

Banned

Could some one please explain the appeal of DnB? It still sounds the same to me from when I first started DJing to now, so it doesn't seem like much has evolved. A lot of DnB DJ's (and break DJ's at that) are really only into DnB or breaks, but they only play the same songs every time I see them so there doesn't seem to be much new stuff coming as well.

But I will say this about the DnB clubbers, dedicated as they come! But a lot of them are still trying to relive their raver days it seems so that might have something to do with hearing the same tunes time and again.

And this isn't me trying to wind you or anything, just genuinely curious.

Quote Originally Posted by Nephew View Post
    Could some one please explain the appeal of DnB? It still sounds the same to me from when I first started DJing to now, so it doesn't seem like much has evolved. A lot of DnB DJ's (and break DJ's at that) are really only into DnB or breaks, but they only play the same songs every time I see them so there doesn't seem to be much new stuff coming as well.

But I will say this about the DnB clubbers, dedicated as they come! But a lot of them are still trying to relive their raver days it seems so that might have something to do with hearing the same tunes time and again.

And this isn't me trying to wind you or anything, just genuinely curious.
    open-mindedness fail

*facepalm*

you need to use your imagination a bit dude. I could say pop sounds the same, i could say rock music sounds the same!

"all they use is two guitars, bass and drums on every track!"

If you actually listened to stuff on this thread you can hear progression and different styles.

Sometimes you need to put some effort in to appreciate a genre of music, hell you need to put some effort in for anything you dont understand.

you should try it, it's very rewarding. You wont suddenly appreciate it because someone lists "reasons why drum n bass iz well good" on a forum.

Banned

It's responses like that that keeps people who are genuinely interested from wanting to learn more.

I come in here and explain my previous experience with DnB, and I was maybe hoping some one would be able to explain the finer points and give examples of DnB tunes that are taste makers per se and just help some one out trying to maybe get into it a bit more.