The Drum & Bass Thread (formally Drum 'n' Bass is dead?) - Page 94
Page 94 of 223 FirstFirst ... 4484909192939495969798104144194 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Kupujte_Pytle View Post
    hmmpf i dont understand the production shit and stuff.. thats most likely why i see the song flawless
    High contrast remix is tight.

I hate the clueless beats dubstep one from youtube

I've not got a bad word to say about High Contrast!

High contrast should be shot for that remix... blurgh.... He did so many better things, but for that one, he just completely raped a song.
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --

Quote Originally Posted by Tekki View Post
    High contrast should be shot for that remix... blurgh.... He did so many better things, but for that one, he just completely raped a song.
    hang on a mo

which one do you prefer?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MuGidQFEnGU

or this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ozV_vWXZgZY

Will get back to you on that one tonight. (Unfortunately my employer decided to closedown youtube access here at work. )
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)

Will get back to you on that one tonight. (Unfortunately my employer decided to closedown youtube access here at work. )
    welcome to my world
    Quote Originally Posted by dripstep View Post
    Kaon, none of that has to do with drum and bass.

RJ> The Cluelessbeats will have me over any time, when comparing it to the High Contrast remix.

The stacatto and overcompression on the main synth just makes me dizzy in a bad way.
    Putting autotune over the main vocals of Adele should have never been done.
    The percussion, even the bassline has been done too many times.

Clueless beats has remained intimate, just as the original was. For me that is the thing for this song, especially compared to the High Contrast mix.

I do like High Contrast his other stuff, but this one just isn't up to his standards.

To get back to your question, I like the first better, due to staying to the true emotion.

And Kaon, it sucks not having youtube @work. Especially when we had it until a few eeeks ago.
    Last edited by tekki; 04-20-2009 at 03:58 PM.

RJ> The Cluelessbeats will have me over any time, when comparing it to the High Contrast remix.

The stacatto and overcompression on the main synth just makes me dizzy in a bad way.
    Putting autotune over the main vocals of Adele should have never been done.
    The percussion, even the bassline has been done too many times.

Clueless beats has remained intimate, just as the original was. For me that is the thing for this song, especially compared to the High Contrast mix.

I do like High Contrast his other stuff, but this one just isn't up to his standards.

To get back to your question, I like the first better, due to staying to the true emotion.

fair enough i Guess, The vocal isnt autotuned though, the warbling sound is an artefact of the the audio being sped up, Adele has a fair amount of vibrato when she sings, and speeding it up gives it that wobbley vocal.

I just think a remix should give you a new perspective on a track, or make it RAVEY AS F*CK

Well... I agree that a remix can change a song as long as the true emotion/intention remains, but make sure you don't warp it that bad, that samples get touched by artifacts.

But that's my two cents.

LOlz.

Btw, did you see all the posts on the youtube vids...?

Fans of both sides giving each other not much respect and love.
    I like the way of this forum better.

listening over and over to he HC remix. guys you have put a mole in my head. now i am having doubts about the bassline... but still, you know what sold it to me? the voice, even when modulated it is just the element i love in that tune, so i'm calling up Lincoln and telling him that he should reedit it. anybody got his cellphone number??
    DJ Blofeld - The Evil Genius
    I shall look forward personally to exterminating you, Mr. Bond.” Ernst Stavro Blofeld to 007
    Doomsday device: TRAKTOR SCRATCH PRO, AUDIO 8, VCI-100black 1.3, 2x Technics SL1210mkII

Starting up at work was weird, I went to DJTT, and saw that the 'Drum 'n' Bass is dead?' topic was not in my 'New Posts' list? :eek: