The Drum & Bass Thread (formally Drum 'n' Bass is dead?) - Page 5
Page 5 of 223 FirstFirst 1234567891555105 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by obsidiance View Post
    Goldie essential mix is THE SHIT!

can anyone say, Evol Intent?
    Got a chance to see Evol Intent a few months back... well, sort of see them. What I remember was pretty bad ass, although i don't remember much. I was about 2 pills deep and on a drink or two of sorts... also, it was kinda hard to hear them with this candy kid moaning in my ear =p

Tech Mentor

HAHA man we get none of that good shit where i am.

I would kill to see dieselboy, technical itch, evol intent, counter-strike etc. Dark drum and bass is awesome!
    obsidiance » breaks-drum'n'bass-big beats

I would have to agree with all of those names with the exception of dieselboy... I know I'm probably gonna get flamed for this, but his music (as a producer) is toilet water. Don't get me wrong, I absolutely respect his creativity and technique as a DJ, but as a producer I find him repetative, clangy, and sans finesse. He's among those that I would see live, but will never ever buy another one of his CDs (Unless it has an Evol Intent mix liek Human Resource). He does, however, have an uncanny ability to bring creative minds together.

Tech Mentor

Each to their own. Im not minding Substance D but i haven't really LISTENED to it, just had it cranking as background noise :P
    obsidiance » breaks-drum'n'bass-big beats

Tech Guru

I fukin love DnB, I got into it from DJ Shadow - Organ Donor back around 2000. Then hold your colour brought me back into it in a big way and I havnt looked back... DnB (aka Phat07) is what got me into DJing and music so hard.

BUT! I have to say at this point DnB as much as I love it, it has stopped evolving, and as such is kinda dead.... even The Upbeats (Kaon and MidiFidler wil know them) have said DnB is dead. Just like back around 97/98 DnB/Jungle stopped really doing much after its inital flourish and emergence from acidhouse, heaps of good shit, DJ Die, RoniSize, Krust etc many said it was dead... until around 2002ish when it started to evolve again with the onset of the digital revolution and we had a whole new sound on our hands.

But now I think the future really is about taking other genres and sounds and mashing them with DnB principals (ie heavy sub-bass) rather then sticking to straight up 172BPM Break (probably an amen) with a phat sine wave bassline with a saw wave highpassed at around 150hz (for the 'distortion' sound). And how can you forget the snares that all sound like evil alien acid rain....

I mean I love that shit, but its done its dash and is no longer anywhere near as progressive as it once was, and there is less and less progressive DnB coming out. It needs change or it will stagnate.
    In saying that there is some progressive DnB, Spor for example.. pretty much sounds like a legion of godzillas raging through down town LA. Awesome. Also the likes of Photek n Noisia, + they are mixing in other genres, bringing the OMWTF factor... i mean diplodocus is fukin WOWWTF...

BUT at the end of the day as Ean said, theres nothing quite like DnB to dance and take drugs to.
    Last edited by midian; 08-22-2008 at 04:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by VoOFA View Post
    now is later, gief link dude! i wanna hear it
    Restricted Sessions Oldskool DnB.

In contrary of this topic, it's the lighter d&b. Hope you can/will enjoy this one filled with classics.

It was my second ever recorded set. Once again a b2b- vinyl set with my friend dannyboy.
    No controllers and no tracklisting available.
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --

Tech Wizard

DnB is dead? i guess this is a US forum, you wouldnt say that if you lived in the uk.

check out chase and status recently? no good and pieces to bangers.

Quote Originally Posted by andyfoz View Post
    DnB is dead? i guess this is a US forum, you wouldnt say that if you lived in the uk.

check out chase and status recently? no good and pieces to bangers.
    Theres lots of folk from all around the world here, i think they are mainly talking about dnb not being as progressive as it once was as opposed to no one listening to it anymore.

well i just got a whole bunch of liquid dnb tunes and i am loving the shit out of them. Right now I am processing them in mixed in key right now to come up with a sweet mix.
    www.myspace.com/djxsquizet
    my arsenal:
    2x vestax pdx, numark dxm09, m-audio x session pro, and ableton live 6.

I spin hip hop/electro/top 40

my 10minmix video
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oqAgSmaG4zM

w00t! Did a huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuge d&b massive set with dannyboy and another mate in his livingroom.

There was also a VJ living up our living room.

F-in awesome set. Too bad we didn't record any, but Evol intent, the Upbeats... Every cool release of the past two months passed the mighty BCR!

People spreadin the "DnB is dead" lie will be executed by means of massive overkill by BPMs!
    Repent yee sinners!
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --