The Drum & Bass Thread (formally Drum 'n' Bass is dead?) - Page 29
Page 29 of 223 FirstFirst ... 192526272829303132333979129 ... LastLast

any progress towards the completion of that track you were makin tekki? i was lookin foward to hearin the rest of it
    Quote Originally Posted by dripstep View Post
    Kaon, none of that has to do with drum and bass.

I am afraid to tell you we're kinda stuck...
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --

Quote Originally Posted by cmcpress View Post
    Hasn't Dubstep been dead for about 6 months now?
    What exactly is dubstep ? If i listen to it am i going to say "this is drum and bass" ... can you give me some examples?

DJTT Super Moderator midifidler's Avatar

Its a little harder to define dubstep than it used to be, but its most significant properties are, about 140 BPM, and has uses lots of sub bass.

This means you cant really listen to it on a sub-par system as most of the musical detail gets lost.

It is pretty much a mix of d&b, grime/uk garage, and dub (but this is becoming less important).

These days you will hear virtually every drum pattern under the sun used in dubstep.

Post 2000! w00t!

Still talking about Drum & Bass, still going strong.

(Kaon, got some new ideas for project21, so hopefully an update on the track next week! )
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)

Quote Originally Posted by Tekki View Post
    Post 2000! w00t!

Still talking about Drum & Bass, still going strong.

(Kaon, got some new ideas for project21, so hopefully an update on the track next week! )
    Congrats on your 2000th post dude

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by midifidler View Post
    It is pretty much a mix of d&b, grime/uk garage, and dub (but this is becoming less important).
    do you mean that dub is becoming less important or what it comes from / is a mix of is becoming less important?

imo dub is the most characteristic part of dubstep and contributes the most major part to the aesthetic (other then 140 bpm n heavy sub-bass useage), namely heavy reverb and phase saturation especially on the snare, highhats & vocals.. but pretty much anything over around 300hz tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by midifidler View Post
    Its a little harder to define dubstep than it used to be, but its most significant properties are, about 140 BPM
    Erhm...? I would definitely say that dubstep is around 70 BPM.

70bpm / 140bpm essentially the same thing when it comes to writing, all about how you prefer to do it IMO. I'd choose 140 myself just to save me the hassle of samples auto-stretching to half-time by default (unless thats what you want of course)
    Save money on binoculars - Simply move closer to the object you intend to view!

Quote Originally Posted by BentoSan View Post
    Congrats on your 2000th post dude
    Thanks man! Finally the @ the big boys club!