The Drum & Bass Thread (formally Drum 'n' Bass is dead?) - Page 222
Page 222 of 223 FirstFirst ... 122172212218219220221222223 LastLast
Results 2,211 to 2,220 of 2221
    Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by johney View Post
    i made a video

That was sick!
    2x Technics sl 1200mk2, Vinyl, Shure m44-7, Xone 22, Audio Technica ATH M50X, Traktor A10, Maschine, Logic X, Ableton Live.

I usually play a lot house or techno, but I recently stumbled on a live set from Utah Jazz on youtube. I instantly fell in love with his sound and have been searching through Drum & Bass tracks online.

Can anyone give me some more suggestions? I found Logistics tracks to be pretty good too.

Krust
    Die
    Roni Size

Basically anything on Full Cycle or V!!!

LTJ Bukem

You've got fun times ahead of you,mate! You're gonna love Bukem & Conrad's "Progression Sessions".
    DJ'ing: 2x1200MK2, DJM 850, Dicers, F1, Zomo MC-1000, Sony MDR-v700, i7 Win 10 HP Envy
    Production: Ableton Live 8 and a mouse, Sennheiser HD400, Sony VAIO

Click HERE to D/L Free Tracks from Soundcloud!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/Patchdj

Quote Originally Posted by Dystinct View Post
    I usually play a lot house or techno, but I recently stumbled on a live set from Utah Jazz on youtube. I instantly fell in love with his sound and have been searching through Drum & Bass tracks online.

Can anyone give me some more suggestions? I found Logistics tracks to be pretty good too.
    If you like Logistics then you might like other artists on Hospital. Girl from Mars was always my favourite Logistics track when I was into it years ago.
    SC - WS

You are correct. I found a lot of tracks that I like on that label.

I know it is an old album, but is there anything out there still like the tracks on Dieselboy's Drum and Bass Selection?

http://www.discogs.com/Dieselboy-Dru.../release/87977

Quote Originally Posted by Dystinct View Post
    You are correct. I found a lot of tracks that I like on that label.

I know it is an old album, but is there anything out there still like the tracks on Dieselboy's Drum and Bass Selection?

http://www.discogs.com/Dieselboy-Dru.../release/87977
    Without wanting to sound too negative, most new Drum n Bass is total arse IMO. I went off it quite a while ago and when I listen to my collection it makes me feel my age.

Having said that listen to things like Marky's boiler room set, there are some flipping great tracks on that (including a 2014 track, Ivy Lab rmx of Close by Sub Focus). I went into that mix confident it would be good even though my experience of DnB in clubs in recent years has been horrifyingly bad, just because he was always one of my favourite live DJs. Even then.. he got started after Dieselboy I think.
    SC - WS

Quote Originally Posted by daviedavedave View Post
    Without wanting to sound too negative, most new Drum n Bass is total arse IMO.
    Ughh, what an asinine statement!
    A&H Xone:96, (2) X Pioneer CDJ-2000nxs2, Bozure ISO-201, (2) X Technics MK5, "TEIL1" (Delay Pedal), Strymon "Blue Sky" (Reverb Pedal), Ableton Push 2, A&H Xone:K2, (2) X Shure M44-7 w' Ortofon SH-4 Headshells, V-Moda Crossfade LP2, Crates & Crates of Vinyl, 2011 & 2012 Macbook Pros - (2) X SSD/16GB RAM for both machines |
    https://soundcloud.com/risquedj

Quote Originally Posted by blackavenger View Post
    Ughh, what an asinine statement!
    Yeah I know.. I'm completely stuck in the past!
    SC - WS

Currently I'm into Hospital Records and Med School Music.... But hush now... don't tell others.

A little bummed I can't be at the Hospitality night in Amsterdam tomorrow.
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --

Tech Convert

Hi all! Nice to see a DnB dedicated thread on here where overall it sounds like it's more Richie Hawtin than Calibre.

This seems like a wonderful place to ask a question that I've been struggling with recently.

I'm learning to spin and love artists like Seba & Calibre. But lately I've been having trouble with Paradox, who I love but damn are his tunes all over the place and wanted to learn for what I call "heavy support" (the bass in your face kind of stuff people seem to really want in my scene) for my sets. So now I've decided to get rid of him since I'm not at that skill level yet to deal constant drum pattern changes and sometimes key changes.

So I was wondering if anyone has any related artists I might check out?

So far the artists I'm considering are Klute, Utah Jazz, Amit (Since some deep dubstep producers are making half time DnB tunes and he does both), and maybe super early dBridge stuff before he went all footwork with it.

Any other suggestions would be wonderful as it looks like this thread spreads the gamut of 170/85 and my knowledge of artists is super limited.