The Drum & Bass Thread (formally Drum 'n' Bass is dead?) - Page 217
Page 217 of 223 FirstFirst ... 117167207213214215216217218219220221 ... LastLast
Results 2,161 to 2,170 of 2221

Quote Originally Posted by hellnegative View Post
    I went to the last hospital show here. Never again. You only paid £17.50. Lucky man. Thats half of the usual cover here outside of Konkrete Jungle events.
    You probably had a better line up though.

Last night was Nu Logic, Danny Byrd, Camo & Krooked, and Metrik. ARGH, why did I let myself be dragged to it :'(
    Pioneer DJM 700 / Traktor Kontrol X1 / 2 x Technics SL1200MK5 / Traktor Scratch Pro 2.6.7 / Ortofon Concorde Nightclub MK1
    Audio 8 DJ / Sennheiser HD 25-1 II / Magma Traveler / IsoAcoustics ISO-L8R155 / KRK RP6 G2 / Vinyl

Tech Mentor

Nu Tone signing to Hospital and Rockwell signing to Shogun were 2 of the worst things to happen to drum and bass IMO.

Agreed. Nu Tone and Logistics just aren't celebrated enough by Hospital.
    Pioneer DJM 700 / Traktor Kontrol X1 / 2 x Technics SL1200MK5 / Traktor Scratch Pro 2.6.7 / Ortofon Concorde Nightclub MK1
    Audio 8 DJ / Sennheiser HD 25-1 II / Magma Traveler / IsoAcoustics ISO-L8R155 / KRK RP6 G2 / Vinyl

say what? Rockwell's Shogun releases are great

Quote Originally Posted by OmniRoss View Post
    You probably had a better line up though.

Last night was Nu Logic, Danny Byrd, Camo & Krooked, and Metrik. ARGH, why did I let myself be dragged to it :'(
    We had High Contrast, Camo & Krooked, Fred V & Grafix, and Dynamite MC
    - Equipment - 2X Technics 1200, 2X Audio Technica ATLP1240, 2X XDJ700, 2X XDJ1000 MK2, Denon DNX-1100, Mixars DUO, DJM750 MK2, NI Audio 10, NI Aduio 4, Serato SL3, 4X Shure M44-7, 2X Ortofon Pro S, 2X Numark Groove Tool, Maschine MK3, Samson Carbon 49, Roland SE-02, Novation Launchcontrol, TouchOSC, Nocation Peak, Arturia MiniBrute, Korg Volca Kick, MicroKorg (Classic), NI Komplete Audio 6

Tech Wizard

Cant agree on Rockwell being a bad signing for Shogun. Even The Prototypes are less Shogun than he is. But now that he mostly produces trap it's maybe time for him to move on.

Nu:Tone & Logistics signing to Hospital, not sure if that was such a bad thing either. For that time they were pretty Hospital to me. Nu:Tone has quite some decent tunes if you ask me, and Logistics too. Sadly only 1-2 / album.

S.P.Y. & Metrik signing to Hospital were more unexpected moves to me. Especially S.P.Y., I really really like his music, but I always get the feeling they'll be pushed toward something more (and I hate to use the word again) commercial. Luckily he didn't with his last album, which was pure epicness.
    Metrik on the other hand I havent listened to for a while. Some of his songs are really good imo. And some just are the same thing over & over again. I do think he's a really good DJ. I wouldn't be surprised if his sound changed just like Camo & Krooked's did.

Since we're talking about Hospital anyway, there's rumors that Keeno (Liquidtones) is getting signed at Hospital. He makes really good 'real' liquid, and again I'm afraid that's about to change.

Now I might seem like a really big hater, but that's not the case. Other labels just release tunes that my taste is more directed to. Hospital is more for the masses & festivals. And they're really big in Belgium.

Oh, and a really quick edit. I Love Tony Colman as a producer, a dj, an organiser, ... He's just hands down a really cool guy.

Tech Mentor

Shogun is where good producers go to die and barely release anything. Rockwell doesn't fit their style at all IMO. Rockwell is good for Shogun, but Shogun isn't good for Rockwell. He has a tune coming out in Exit though.

Hospital is full good producers that make garbage.

Moderator of Silly Walks Citizen_Insane's Avatar

Man, Rockwell used to make some great DnB, and Shogun used to be a lot better too... I still find myself playing Bone Structure or Everything (& U). I don't like trap for the most part, so that's probably why I don't appreciate that side of Rockwell's recent output. Mind you that 'Fluf' track on childhood memories was pretty cool, definitely not DnB though.

Oh, and here's an amazing older tune, Outlook - Satisfy:
    Traktor Pro, VCM 600, Custom Midi Fighter, Presonus Firebox, Ultrasone DJ1 Pro
    http://soundcloud.com/citizen_insane/
    Quote Originally Posted by photojojo View Post
    All these subgenre's are like the grandchildren of disco with dubstep and D&B being the bad kids that smoke cigarettes and are in and out of jail.

is this the right place to spam my own mix?

Moderator of Silly Walks Citizen_Insane's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by johney View Post
    is this the right place to spam my own mix?
    Dunno... if it's a legit good mix maybe post a link to the thread you made for it, same goes for a track or remix you made. If you post a tracklist on the mix thread it helps a lot. I'll usually give dnb mixes a listen if I see them and I dig the music in them.

I'm totally cool with it (as if I have any authority ) as this is definitely the right place for a mix of Drum n Bass n such... but if it turns into every other post being mix spam...

There's also this, but I dunno how much use the groups are getting:
    http://forum.djtechtools.com/group.php?groupid=27
    Traktor Pro, VCM 600, Custom Midi Fighter, Presonus Firebox, Ultrasone DJ1 Pro
    http://soundcloud.com/citizen_insane/
    Quote Originally Posted by photojojo View Post
    All these subgenre's are like the grandchildren of disco with dubstep and D&B being the bad kids that smoke cigarettes and are in and out of jail.