The Drum & Bass Thread (formally Drum 'n' Bass is dead?) - Page 215
Page 215 of 223 FirstFirst ... 115165205211212213214215216217218219 ... LastLast
Results 2,141 to 2,150 of 2221

Quote Originally Posted by Destiny View Post
    Talking about Fresh, how the hell did Gold Dust suddenly become a TOP40 tune when it was released about 3 years ago. Has his mind been that corrupted by money? I can't even imagine him being the same guy that once rocked Bad Company...
    The original Gold Dust isn't very much like the new (top 40) tune at all.

Tomorrow's Another Day is a decent Netsky tune though, has to be said.
    Pioneer DJM 700 / Traktor Kontrol X1 / 2 x Technics SL1200MK5 / Traktor Scratch Pro 2.6.7 / Ortofon Concorde Nightclub MK1
    Audio 8 DJ / Sennheiser HD 25-1 II / Magma Traveler / IsoAcoustics ISO-L8R155 / KRK RP6 G2 / Vinyl

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by OmniRoss View Post
    The original Gold Dust isn't very much like the new (top 40) tune at all.
    The TOP40 one is exactly this one:

Or at least on Belgian radios.

Ain't hating on Netsky, used to be #1 fanboy once. His older stuff is really really good (now I sound like an uptight hipster...). And some tracks like Lotus Symphony & No String Attached are really to my liking. I'm just not a fan of the newer generic Hospital sound. Just my 0.02$.

Moderator of Silly Walks Citizen_Insane's Avatar

Hopefully the super commercial stuff is on it's way out, it's not at all to my liking.
    On the note of your track, Howitzer, I'll give it a listen and drop you some feedback.
    Also about gold dust... I think what Destiny means by the original is the 2008 release on Breakbeat Kaos which is like a 7 minute track and has poppy vocals and if I remember is generally more toned down.
    Hospital can be alright, just tends to be more needle in a haystack with the tunes, the Nu:Logic album had a couple of really nice ones on it, plus they've signed S.P.Y so at least we can rely on him for quality, but I agree their overall sound is just not that great. Hospital's sublabel, Med School, is putting out some interesting stuff though, quality too.
    Traktor Pro, VCM 600, Custom Midi Fighter, Presonus Firebox, Ultrasone DJ1 Pro
    http://soundcloud.com/citizen_insane/
    Quote Originally Posted by photojojo View Post
    All these subgenre's are like the grandchildren of disco with dubstep and D&B being the bad kids that smoke cigarettes and are in and out of jail.

To the rave to the grave I'll die a Junglist.
    Algoriddim Djay - Vestax Spin 2 - Numark iDJ Live - iON Audio iDJ2Go
    FL Studio Mobile - Akai Synthstation 25

soundcloud.com/iamwrucebayne
    twitter.com/iamwrucebayne

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen_Insane View Post
    I think what Destiny means by the original is the 2008 release on Breakbeat Kaos which is like a 7 minute track and has poppy vocals and if I remember is generally more toned down.
    That's what I mean.

Quote Originally Posted by Destiny View Post
    The TOP40 one is exactly this one:

Or at least on Belgian radios.

Ain't hating on Netsky, used to be #1 fanboy once. His older stuff is really really good (now I sound like an uptight hipster...). And some tracks like Lotus Symphony & No String Attached are really to my liking. I'm just not a fan of the newer generic Hospital sound. Just my 0.02$.
    Yeah, I don't bother will Hospital anymore unless it's Logistics/Nu:Tone/SPY.

Although I am partial to Danny Byrd, and High Contrast of course.
    Pioneer DJM 700 / Traktor Kontrol X1 / 2 x Technics SL1200MK5 / Traktor Scratch Pro 2.6.7 / Ortofon Concorde Nightclub MK1
    Audio 8 DJ / Sennheiser HD 25-1 II / Magma Traveler / IsoAcoustics ISO-L8R155 / KRK RP6 G2 / Vinyl

Tech Mentor

Hospital has been dead to me for years. I don't even bother listening to any of their new tunes. It's a shame as it was such a respected label. Med School is solid though.

Commercial dnb is good for the scene IMO. Just like any genre, the more accessible stuff draws new fans who will eventually seek out the heads shit. Dnb isn't at the state to be elitist. The genre seems to be just hanging on outside a few places.

Hospital has been dead to me for years. I don't even bother listening to any of their new tunes. It's a shame as it was such a respected label. Med School is solid though.
    Sadly, I agree. However, despite the fact that I think Logistics' latest offering ("Fear Not") was horrible,
    that new Nu:Logic album is DEFINITELY a step back in the right direction...there are a few stinkers
    on there, but I love it for the most part!

Though, you are right, Med School has been consistently good since it's inception.

Sorry, but I guess I'm just one of those old farts that refuses to accept that commercial DnB,
    in what I grew up as an underground music/culture, is good for the scene. Personally, I wish it
    could all (Dance Music) return to being underground again, but I realize that will prolly never happen.
    A&H Xone:96, (2) X Pioneer CDJ-2000nxs2, Bozure ISO-201, (2) X Technics MK5, "TEIL1" (Delay Pedal), Strymon "Blue Sky" (Reverb Pedal), Ableton Push 2, A&H Xone:K2, (2) X Shure M44-7 w' Ortofon SH-4 Headshells, V-Moda Crossfade LP2, Crates & Crates of Vinyl, 2011 & 2012 Macbook Pros - (2) X SSD/16GB RAM for both machines |
    https://soundcloud.com/risquedj

love the 'old-school'vibe in this one!!!

Moderator of Silly Walks Citizen_Insane's Avatar

Eh, I found the whole Annie's Song EP pretty disappointing overall. Luckily the tracklist for the album looks pretty decent though.
    Traktor Pro, VCM 600, Custom Midi Fighter, Presonus Firebox, Ultrasone DJ1 Pro
    http://soundcloud.com/citizen_insane/
    Quote Originally Posted by photojojo View Post
    All these subgenre's are like the grandchildren of disco with dubstep and D&B being the bad kids that smoke cigarettes and are in and out of jail.

....wait. Ive got a white label of gold dust I got in 2007 that has no vocals.........
    - Equipment - 2X Technics 1200, 2X Audio Technica ATLP1240, 2X XDJ700, 2X XDJ1000 MK2, Denon DNX-1100, Mixars DUO, DJM750 MK2, NI Audio 10, NI Aduio 4, Serato SL3, 4X Shure M44-7, 2X Ortofon Pro S, 2X Numark Groove Tool, Maschine MK3, Samson Carbon 49, Roland SE-02, Novation Launchcontrol, TouchOSC, Nocation Peak, Arturia MiniBrute, Korg Volca Kick, MicroKorg (Classic), NI Komplete Audio 6