The Drum & Bass Thread (formally Drum 'n' Bass is dead?) - Page 213
Page 213 of 223 FirstFirst ... 113163203209210211212213214215216217 ... LastLast
Results 2,121 to 2,130 of 2221

I need to watch this thread. So much good drum & bass out there. I love mixing and making drum & bass
    Current Set Up: Denon DN X1600, 2x Kontrol X1 MK1, Traktor Kontrol F1, Macbook Pro, Traktor Pro 2 LIVE & LET RAVE
    SoundCloud YouTube

Tech Convert

At the risk of sounding obvious, If you are into the ;aid back liquidy sound, then have a look at the liquicity channel. Although it is hit and miss, when it hits it hits hard!

Seeing as I am pretty damn new to Djing, and learning with Drum and Bass (learn where the heart lies...), are any of you finding that it is becoming more and more acceptable in 'normal' (as in, playing music you would recognise most of from the radio)clubs? If so, which types are you finding go down well and aren't scaring off some of the dancefloor? I would be really interested to hear you guys with experience's thoughts!

Cheers

Tech Mentor

Without going into too much depth, getting non dnb fans into a dnb set has always been an obstacle. Liquid is a good way, but real liquid like Calibre and Mr. Joseph type of shit. I've been playing a lot more footwork and jungle juke trying to break that barrier.

After reading the majority of this thread I noticed no one mentioned anything from the dark side of DnB which is kind of disappointing . So for anyone wanting to find the more darker and heavier toons of DnB I'll share some with you. I did make a list of the producers/DJs that I like and I have around 130 or so in just the heavy side of DnB. Also should note most of the people I'm listing also dabble into our genres so you will hear these influences in their productions.

The Starting List:
    Current Value, Limewax, Lowroller, Syrinx, Peter Kurten, Air J, Gancher, Ruin, Circular Discharge, Nagato, Katharsys, The Teknoist, Lucio De Rimanez, Brainpain, Freqax, C.A.2K, Erre, C-Netik, Fragz!, Counterstrike, Donny, Cooh, Dead Phantoms, Forbidden Society, Deathmachine, Switch Technique, DJ Hidden, Hostage, Suicide, Malicious, Of God, I:Gor, Jakub23.........

I've got a ton more to list but I think this is a good start if you want to know some more producers feel free to message me or do some digging

Moderator of Silly Walks Citizen_Insane's Avatar

Inside, solid list but you're Missing Technical Itch, The Panacea, Raiden, Machine Code, The Sect... oh man I should probably go through my stuff if it's wanted... not too into much of the newer dark stuff honestly so I'm out of touch with that.

In case anyone hasn't posted about these beauties yet....
    Paradox - Scorpius

Overlook - Three Shards
    Traktor Pro, VCM 600, Custom Midi Fighter, Presonus Firebox, Ultrasone DJ1 Pro
    http://soundcloud.com/citizen_insane/
    Quote Originally Posted by photojojo View Post
    All these subgenre's are like the grandchildren of disco with dubstep and D&B being the bad kids that smoke cigarettes and are in and out of jail.

those are some sick tunes^

@Citizen_Insane - Yeah those that you listed were on my list but I didn't want to make my post to long LOL.

I hope these links work lol!

Great tune:
    Sub - Tensions
    All these subgenre's are like the grandchildren of disco with dubstep and D&B being the bad kids that smoke cigarettes and are in and out of jail.

And another great track:

Sam KDC & Mr. Smith - Walk the Path

Where are my fellow DNB Producers at?
    - Equipment - 2X Technics 1200, 2X Audio Technica ATLP1240, 2X XDJ700, 2X XDJ1000 MK2, Denon DNX-1100, Mixars DUO, DJM750 MK2, NI Audio 10, NI Aduio 4, Serato SL3, 4X Shure M44-7, 2X Ortofon Pro S, 2X Numark Groove Tool, Maschine MK3, Samson Carbon 49, Roland SE-02, Novation Launchcontrol, TouchOSC, Nocation Peak, Arturia MiniBrute, Korg Volca Kick, MicroKorg (Classic), NI Komplete Audio 6