The Drum & Bass Thread (formally Drum 'n' Bass is dead?) - Page 196
Page 196 of 223 FirstFirst ... 96146186192193194195196197198199200206 ... LastLast
Results 1,951 to 1,960 of 2221
    Tech Wizard

wonder what Andy C thinks about the whole dnb is dead thing.

Quote Originally Posted by tekki View Post
    Don't Blaspheme now!
    Ha! I really dont think jump-up is what it used to be. Its fair to say I dont follow it closely, but what I do hear isnt fun or original. Got any new decent jump-up?

Quote Originally Posted by SoRNDM View Post
    Love that one
    Nuage is getting some lovely liquid out these days. I prefer the flip, but that is beautiful music.

Quote Originally Posted by Kemotherapy View Post
    wonder what Andy C thinks about the whole dnb is dead thing.
    dnb aint dead for Andy C, he still makes a killing off it. Especially with his new Andy C:Live show. Apparently He's got Traktor hooked into a midi mixer and the midi note feedback controls the lighting/visualisation business on the wall behind him. Nice setup!
    Last time I saw him though he was running traktor on DVS and some small midi controller, no vinyl in sight! But he was also doing one of his AndyC:Live sets down at nottingham on the same night.
    Ecler NUO 3.0, 2 1210mk2, midi fighter, Kontrol X1, Akai LPD8, Reloop RHP10's, TSP, Audio 8

Howitzer on Soundcloud | Howitzer on Twitter | Howitzer on Facebook | Howitzer dnb blog

Quote Originally Posted by Kaon View Post
    OMG!

He'sssssss baaaahaaaaaaaaaaaaack!
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --

Moderator of Silly Walks Citizen_Insane's Avatar

Holy shit! This is just... wow.

Traktor Pro, VCM 600, Custom Midi Fighter, Presonus Firebox, Ultrasone DJ1 Pro
    http://soundcloud.com/citizen_insane/
    Quote Originally Posted by photojojo View Post
    All these subgenre's are like the grandchildren of disco with dubstep and D&B being the bad kids that smoke cigarettes and are in and out of jail.

Tech Mentor

Looks like this is the dnb thread then

what's everyones feelings on logistics new tunes. I'm loving it. Its very similar to his early stuff. I think he is the only hospital artist who hasn't changed into this new jumpup culture like nutone did with his latest album words and pictures, logistics tune fiberglass I heard on the hospital podcast really reminded me of one of his first albums reality checkpoint.

Let's converse
    2 x Technics 1200 mk2 | Xone 22 | Torq 2.0 | Akai LPD8 | Sennheiser HD25-1 mk2 Adidas | KRK RP6 G2 | that is all

Moderator of Silly Walks Citizen_Insane's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Steeevo View Post
    Looks like this is the dnb thread then

what's everyones feelings on logistics new tunes. I'm loving it. Its very similar to his early stuff. I think he is the only hospital artist who hasn't changed into this new jumpup culture like nutone did with his latest album words and pictures, logistics tune fiberglass I heard on the hospital podcast really reminded me of one of his first albums reality checkpoint.

Let's converse
    Not really much into liquid but The Trip, City Life and Together are probably my favourite Logistics tunes, if he's back to making stuff like that I'll have to look into the new stuff. Hospital seems to have degraded in quality in the last year or two... Though there was that release last year, HOS181 I believe, that was quite good.

P.S. New Tech Itch stuff kicks ass. Kymera / Take You is great. I can't wait for his remix of KJ Sawka's New Life to get released... though given that it's supposed to be forthcoming on Bad Chemistry Recs it could be a long time before it's released.
    Last edited by Citizen_Insane; 01-23-2012 at 08:19 PM.
    Traktor Pro, VCM 600, Custom Midi Fighter, Presonus Firebox, Ultrasone DJ1 Pro
    http://soundcloud.com/citizen_insane/
    Quote Originally Posted by photojojo View Post
    All these subgenre's are like the grandchildren of disco with dubstep and D&B being the bad kids that smoke cigarettes and are in and out of jail.

Tech Mentor

I dont think they have degraded in quality, they have gone with whats popular at the moment and what the pop crowd want and thats jump up/ dupstep. i dont blame them as their hospitality nights are massive now and they are probably making the most money out of any dnb label. their promo is amazing to be fair.

i started off loving hospital like many and then found other labels like ingrediants, ram, shogun. dont get me wrong i still buy a few hospital tracks and their bundles are pretty good but i prefer other labels now.

check out the new hospital 2012 comp coming out end of the month it looks really good and looking forward to the new medschool comp
    2 x Technics 1200 mk2 | Xone 22 | Torq 2.0 | Akai LPD8 | Sennheiser HD25-1 mk2 Adidas | KRK RP6 G2 | that is all

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen_Insane View Post
    Not really much into liquid but The Trip, City Life and Together are probably my favourite Logistics tunes, if he's back to making stuff like that I'll have to look into the new stuff. Hospital seems to have degraded in quality in the last year or two... Though there was that release last year, HOS181 I believe, that was quite good.
    Copy, paste, +1!

Quote Originally Posted by Steeevo View Post
    I dont think they have degraded in quality, they have gone with whats popular at the moment and what the pop crowd want and thats jump up/ dupstep. i dont blame them as their hospitality nights are massive now and they are probably making the most money out of any dnb label. their promo is amazing to be fair.
    I do think their music is more throwaway than it ever has been, but that is directly due to the pop culture they are submersing themselves in.

We all know that the top40 is generally a reflection of the cheapest, cheesiest tunes available in that songs genre. Hospital are no different.

High Contrasts new tunes are a shadow of his former self, same goes for camo and krooked and netsky. Before netsky and camo & krooked were signed to hospital, they made some fucking sweet tunes. Like, exceptional dancefloor, this! http://www.junodownload.com/products...nd/1509365-02/

Hospital dont make dancefloor like this, they hoover up all the talent and take all the life out of it.

Med school on the other hand, is a different kettle of fish entirely.

I do agree with you about the hospitality nights though, theyre epic, and filled with cu*ts. Its all about the small side room pumping out the underground sounds . The crowd is completely different, people actually go there for the music, not the fashion show! Who'd have thought!?
    Ecler NUO 3.0, 2 1210mk2, midi fighter, Kontrol X1, Akai LPD8, Reloop RHP10's, TSP, Audio 8

Howitzer on Soundcloud | Howitzer on Twitter | Howitzer on Facebook | Howitzer dnb blog

Tech Wizard

I've been out of the drum and bass scene for a long time. Last time I was buying vinyl from Breakbeat Science plus some random music from Beatport.

Got some great recommendations in another thread, really like Hospital Records. But it's getting pretty hard to find any jump up stuff. Seems ironic since hip-hop and drum and bass fit so well together.

Tech Wizard

if you download the latest random movement podcast, my track tell me why is on there:

http://www.randommovement.org/2012/01/16/podcast-29/

Blade – Emotional Sounds (Aquasion Remix)
    BigBud – Caveman Boogie
    S.P.Y – Seconds To Midnight
    Chap – Black Candles
    Bladerunner vs. Dawn Raid – Hippo Yawn
    Level 2 & Nitri – Sleeping on the Room
    Cutworks – Stuck In A Dream
    Furney – Beautiful To Me
    Aquasion – Juke Joint Steve
    Command Strange – Dreams
    Jay Rome – Fading Stars
    Blueprint – Tell Me Why
    Flaco – Colossus
    Roy Green & Protone – Rubik
    Siren – Snorkel (S.P.Y VIP)
    Chap & Andrezz – Illusions
    Roy Green & Protone – Contrivance
    Donnie Dubson – Muted Horns
    Sinistarr – Full Extent
    Release – Imagine That
    Twitter
    Soundcloud
    Beatport Tunes
    EOB | In Da Jungle Rec. | IQ Ent. | Plush Rec. | Point 9 Audio | Rotation Deep | Section 8 | SubDepth | UnitOvOne