The Drum & Bass Thread (formally Drum 'n' Bass is dead?) - Page 139
Page 139 of 223 FirstFirst ... 3989129135136137138139140141142143149189 ... LastLast
Results 1,381 to 1,390 of 2221

Hehe bad luck. Same to u bruv, about to attack the beer i stockpiled yesterday after this massive lunch.
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Quote Originally Posted by Kaon View Post
    happy mythical being's birthday by the way

wtf can i only post in this thread? i get signed out of all the other ones.. midifidler you fucking with my posting privilages?
    I guess he thought this would be your only hangout bro'!
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --

I expect the full Phat10 reprt when yall get back ladz!

really digging the new Dom & Roland album, check it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BD3Ld7PjQxg
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Same here...

Actually, a colleague from my fiancee went from here, Holland, to there, Phat10, to meet up with her friends and party.
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)

Tech Wizard

Let me start by saying I LOVE Drum n Bass. I started listening to jungle back in the mid to late 90s when I was in high school. I watched it evolve into what it is today.

With that said, the creativity in DNB has been absent for quite some time. It happens with any genre though. It seems like electronic music has a certain thing about it, where a couple people come up with something clever during the same time frame, and it gets beaten to death by everybody that follows.

Subgenres evolve<?> out of those ideas. Hell! record labels start from those ideas. In the end what you're left with are faceless productions. I can understand how people might resign themselves to a certain subgenre of dnb, but to think you're contributing to the genre by simply adding more of the same to what desperately needs innovation seems a bit pointless. I feel like the only evolution drum and bass has seen in the past decade has only been the evolution of the tools being used, not the evolution of ideas by the producers using those tools. There are of course exceptions, but I feel like that playful spirit of yore where producers took chances are no longer here in regards to drum and bass.

The other thing I don't like is that much like hiphop, drum and bass is seen as a territorial accomplishment by those who have done something with it. Even people who pioneered drum and bass are too concerned with defending their territory to pass the torch onto new talent. The same people who created and defined it have killed it.

I can understand people who enjoy dnb wanting to distance themselves from candy kids in the rave scene wanking off on trance. That's why we had our lil smoke filled rooms off to the side in those massive warehouses. We just need to be less arrogant towards others, especially people cut from the same cloth.

Overall, there will always be a need for electronic music in the high bpms. It might not go K-S--KS- anymore, but we coulda used alot more clever ideas ages ago. Right now Dubstep is a breeding ground for creativity. I stress it when I say "RIGHT NOW". Dnb was in the same spot when it started asserting itself as a different animal from jungle awhile back. Dubstep will go the way of the dinosaur too, if it grabs the same nasty habits from dnb.

phat 10
    i saw...
    optimus grime
    markie
    bad company
    spor
    black sun empire
    dj hype
    benga
    skream
    truth
    concord dawn
    the upbeats
    state of mind
    bulletproof
    habit
    nanoteck
    and a bunch of others i can't remember right now. my brain is tired from doin drugs for 7 days in a row lol.

the only act who sucked were pendulum (dj set) who never got a single mix right. first time i'd seen them too and they blew it lol
    Quote Originally Posted by dripstep View Post
    Kaon, none of that has to do with drum and bass.

was anyone at together as one this year? dnb room went ape shit and all sorts of ruckus evolved. moshpits during Hive, wicked tension control from Dillinja, shy fx bringing the nostalgia, dirty phonics went grimey as fuck and xample closing it out... Huge fuckin nite. pretty sure i got punched in the jaw at one point, but i could have imagined the whole thing also... but then again, my jaw fuckin hurts..

BOH MUTHAFUCKAS!!!

happy new year to the longest running active thread on djtt!!!
    facebook.com/fkdmusic
    soundcloud.com/fkdmusic
    lethaltalent.com

Tribal Rites feat Kate Lesing on Soundcloud.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaon View Post
    phat 10
    the only act who sucked were pendulum (dj set) who never got a single mix right. first time i'd seen them too and they blew it lol
    I remeber seeing about 4 years ago when Another plant came out, I could wait.......then the first mix they clanged and the second....infact I cant remember a good mix they did all night. There only saving grace was the fact I was so leathered by that stage they could have put on the news and I would have danced to it.

Do any of you guys know any good DNB nights in NYC?????

Going there in Feb for a week.
    Volar
    Follow on social media;
    Soundcloud
    Facebook
    Twitter

DJTT Super Moderator midifidler's Avatar

yeah Phlendulum were so bad, I also caught their DJ set 4ish years ago when hold your colour was released, back then I didnt DJ so while I thought the set was nothing special I missed most errors, then I saw them live a year ago and that was literally the worst gig of my life, and then to fuck up that bad at Phat as the headliner is just disrespectful, kinda like they think Phat campers are your usual critters.

Everything else was awesome - Organikizmess into The Upbeats into Dj HYPE into Bad Company into Spor into Truth was my highlight

Quote Originally Posted by midifidler View Post
    Everything else was awesome - Organikizmess into The Upbeats into Dj HYPE into Bad Company into Spor into Truth was my highlight
    Can imagine big time, bro'!

Like a said earlier on, jealous as is!