The official NUMARK NV Hype thread.....!! It's Here!! - Page 3
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Student View Post
    Really impressed with the screens, the price and the look of the NV. First product since the SZ which I really like, and unlike the SZ I really want as well. But then I saw this:

Just make it stand-alone, add USB/SD slots to it and I'll pay a premium €2k all day everyday. I really want this mobile CDJ/DJM set up

Could be a nice replacement to my SX!
    Exacly!! Is it so hard for Pioneer to add the DJM-900 FX and USB ports on something like this picture??

The club standard gear should fit software DJs right now!
    13" Macbook Air i7, 8GB RAM, 512GB SSD | Traktor 2.7.1 | Ableton Live 9 | DJM-900 Nexus | NI Audio 10 | A&H Xone:K2 | Oyaide USB & RCA | HDJ-2000 | Odyssey BRLDIGITAL Bag

Tech Guru

Talking about something more like this:

Pioneer all-in-one.jpg
    13" Macbook Air i7, 8GB RAM, 512GB SSD | Traktor 2.7.1 | Ableton Live 9 | DJM-900 Nexus | NI Audio 10 | A&H Xone:K2 | Oyaide USB & RCA | HDJ-2000 | Odyssey BRLDIGITAL Bag

Tech Guru

What benefit would that have over the existing modular products?
    VCM100 / X1 / DJM250 / DJM900 / CDJ2000s / Maschine / Audio2+4 / 2i4 / HS8s / TSP 2.6.8
    Macbook Air i7-3667U+8GB 10.9 / Win7x64 i5-3570k+24GB

Tech Mentor

Maybe I'm just not getting the concept but if you have 4 channel mixing wouldn't you want 4 display screens? After all, thats the functionality you have now with Serato, Traktor or 4 CDJ's.

Only looks like half the job is done, or at least make the screen shaped so you could have deck C below Deck A and the same with B&D so you could see all 4 at once?

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by makar1 View Post
    What benefit would that have over the existing modular products?
    It would work like a CDJ-2000Nexus & DJM-900Nexus setup and would control serato & traktor like the DDJ-SZ does.

DJs no longer would have to bring big controllers to the clubs as the club standard would already be a big full-of-features controller.

CDJ+DJM setup is already huge, is already heavy and is already expensive.... still, clubs buy it. Wouldnt it be better if clubs bought something huge, heavy and expensive that also would fit one big ammount of DJs?

Clubs have things way more expensive to think about, like the sound system. Paying more for something like this would be proportionally insignificant, as for DJs would be something huge and ridiculous.

The question is: Why not something completely NOT portable? As the most used setup from Pioneer is the most not portable thing in this planet!

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by anteater32 View Post
    Maybe I'm just not getting the concept but if you have 4 channel mixing wouldn't you want 4 display screens? After all, thats the functionality you have now with Serato, Traktor or 4 CDJ's.

Only looks like half the job is done, or at least make the screen shaped so you could have deck C below Deck A and the same with B&D so you could see all 4 at once?
    Well, the "mixer" area is taken from the DDJ-SZ which has only two "decks" but with buttons to choose between A/C or B/D.

I had an idea of Pioneer selling separate "Decks" that would fit on both sides of this monster so people would not have to choose between A or B or C, with a price of course.

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by makar1 View Post
    The Master VUs are right in the middle. Lid closing is a standard customizable setting on all laptops - you don't need new software or a Serato feature for this.
    Actually on OS X, you do.. unless you have an external monitor plugged in, closing the lid on a MacBook will put it to sleep, and there doesn't appear to be a setting to change that.

Tech Guru

You do know you can already use 2000s over HID, don't you, Daniboy?
    Also, what do you do when someone wants to use more than two decks? Or if only a part of the set up breaks?

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by DISaS73R View Post
    You do know you can already use 2000s over HID, don't you?
    Yes, but if CDJs were so good controllers people wouldn't buy controllers.

Simple things like having no software fx knobs/buttons make the CDJs something very expensive but also very limited for software using.

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by DISaS73R View Post
    You do know you can already use 2000s over HID, don't you?
    Yes, but if CDJs were so good controllers people wouldn't buy controllers.

Simple things like having no software fx knobs/buttons & only 3 hotcues make the CDJs something very expensive but also very limited for software using.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast