The official NUMARK NV Hype thread.....!! It's Here!! - Page 2
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Tech Mentor

Considering how massively useful I've found the loop length displays on the X1 mk2 and the Z2, I'm all for having more information on the controller, right where your hands are.

Tech Guru

I think the more exciting thing to take away from this announcement is the clear indication that Serato is taking steps to more aggressively address the controller market.

DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

Same thread, same controller, same wrong sub forum... 2 days in a row

Let's get this forums better organized shell we guys?

Even though it has displays, I wonder if this will make "Serato-face DJs" setup their laptop off to the side. The displays are there to remedy a disconnect between the DJ and the crowd which is ultimately caused by the DJ setting up their laptop right in front of them. It'll be interesting to see if DJs want to set up any differently.
    MacBook Pro 2.4GHz Core i7 :: Mac OS X Mountain Lion 10.10.5
    Traktor Pro 2.9 :: Launchpad :: MIDI Fighter Pro Beatmasher/3D

It is interesting that serato and numark directly addressed something that djs have been asking for.

Im really surprised they beat Traktor to the punch on this.

oh and my previous statement about the pioneer SZ....i do like it alot but honestly i have found my controller setup for life, I use an X1, F1 and Z1. those 3 controllers have served me so well at all my gigs, I will never change.
    Last edited by 031999; 07-15-2014 at 02:03 PM.

Tech Guru

Controllers with screens and CDJ+DJM setups with more and more DJ-software functionality, if we get this two curves together we will have the perfect all-in-one DJ device.

Blend two CDJ-2000s, a DJM-900 and a DDJ-SZ and it will fit probably 99% of the DJs out there.
    13" Macbook Air i7, 8GB RAM, 512GB SSD | Traktor 2.7.1 | Ableton Live 9 | DJM-900 Nexus | NI Audio 10 | A&H Xone:K2 | Oyaide USB & RCA | HDJ-2000 | Odyssey BRLDIGITAL Bag

I am not moved by this at all

Not sure what's surprising about this, didn't Stanton or someone do this already?

From Ireland Living in Manila: Philippines :D

Not sure what's surprising about this, didn't Stanton or someone do this already?
    Stanton's SCSDJ4c was a standalone solution which did everything in one box, the limitation was always their software (slow) and hardware (not alot of functions).

With this however, it allows you to use all the grunt of a laptop and features of Serato with the laptop shoved off to one side with the screen closed.

Quote Originally Posted by Karlos Santos View Post
    Word... unless Serato have a new feature coming that takes care of that. Unlikely.
    Chris Roman explicitly mentioned using something like Caffeine on the DJWORX Skype call I was in on, so Serato doesn't (but should) have a solution to keep awake.

Anyway, I agree with Mojaxx that this doesn't seem like Numark want to eliminate Serato Face, rather it's to encourage more focus on the controller where possible.
    A&H Xone:96 | Xone:K1 | 2 x 1210s | Traktor Pro 3 | Apple Macbook Pro (2015) 13" | Sennheiser HD7 DJ | Maschine Mikro Mk3
    read: http://djworx.com/author/dan-morse
    talk: http://facebook.com/bleeptechno
    listen: http://mixcloud.com/bleephudds

Tech Mentor

Really impressed with the screens, the price and the look of the NV. First product since the SZ which I really like, and unlike the SZ I really want as well. But then I saw this:

Just make it stand-alone, add USB/SD slots to it and I'll pay a premium €2k all day everyday. I really want this mobile CDJ/DJM set up

Could be a nice replacement to my SX!

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast