Twister & Kontrol F1 in the same time - Mapping problem

Default Twister & Kontrol F1 in the same time - Mapping problem

Hi everyone,

I received my Twister some days ago and i start to really enjoy the way it works

BUT !

I wanted to use it in the same time of my kontrol F1. So, i plugged them and try them together... Some problems arrived quickly... I think it's all about mapping...

To explain my wish, this is the way i want it to work :

I want to use the 1st slot shared between the F1 and the Twister (the 2, 3 and 4 slot only work with the F1). I have my 11 one-shot samples in the 1st remix deck slot. I can play them with the Twister modulating each volumes. I can modulate the global volume on the first page of the Twister.

Now, i want to modulate the general volume of the slot 1 through the F1 and this is the problem.

It seems that the volume fader on the F1 is not the same mapping that volume knob on the Twister. So, the volume increased or decreased for a milli-second and when the next beat played, it goes back to the value of the Twister volume knob... So, i try to delete all the volume mapping on the Twister and it works but i now i cannot modulate each beats…

Therefore, i’m looking for a mapping for using the volume fader on the Kontrol F1 instead of the volume knob on the 1st page of the twister.

I really not confortable with the midi mapping... could someone help me to find the right setup ?

DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

That's not a mapping issue. The twister remix deck sequencer has internal memory banks in which it saves a snap shot of your remix deck controls including the slot volume. So basically, no matter which amount of slot volume is set by an F1 or any other controller mapping the Traktor will always refer to what Twister firmware says (is the current slot volume value set by sequencer mode and velocity of each remix deck cell).

So, my problem cant be solved ?

As long as I want to keep the Twister and the F1 all the cells will be at the same volume (because I delete the volume mapping on the Twister)