VCI-100 as mixer for DVS - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

it could go into the amp, or traditionally you would connect into a channel on the house mixer
    We don't believe in the star system. We want the focus to be on the music. If we have to create an image, it must be an artificial image. That combination hides our physicality and also shows our view of the star system. It is not a compromise-daftpunk

Quote Originally Posted by DvlsAdvct View Post
    You could use Bomes to have that happen that when you touch the jog wheel it changes the control mode and when you release it it resets it to timecode control.
    I thought you could do that without bomes ?

Retired DJTT Moderator DvlsAdvct's Avatar

Can you set commands in TPro where pressing down does one thing and releasing does another? I mean, you could arguably do it with modifiers, but if the jog wheel sends an off message it might not go back.

But it could be do-able.
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

My Mixes, Mashups and Rants

Divided we stand
    United we fall

Tech Convert

Hello again DJTT community, and thank you again for all the excellent info!

Just a quick point of clarification - I am assuming now that I do NOT need an external mixer for the turntables in order to run a VCI-100, Audio 4 DJ and 2 TT Traktor Scratch setup? With the number of in/outs on the Audio 4, I should be able to run both tables directly into it (without an external mixer) while still being able to cue and run output from the Audio 4; using the VCI-100 to control the internal mixer... right?

I know this question was just asked but I'm still having a bit of difficulty understanding if anyone can clarify.

Thanks!

Retired DJTT Moderator DvlsAdvct's Avatar

Yes. The answer is yes.
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

My Mixes, Mashups and Rants

Divided we stand
    United we fall

Quote Originally Posted by dros View Post
    I encounter the issue you mention on my DVS/VCI-100 system. Do you know why this is happening and if there's any hope for it to be fixed through an improved tsi or future Traktor version?

I attempted in vain to modify the VCI-100 SE tsi file so that it disables timecode control as I touch the jog wheel and re-enables it when I remove my fingers and therefore avoid the interference between the two.

Any clues on a workaround?

OK guys, I got a partial workaround for the bug mentioned beyond:
    Latest 1.2.3 release of Traktor Pro adds the ability to control switching in internal, relative or absolute modes through MIDI.

You just have to add a message for the jog of each deck to set the mode to internal when touching the jog (click learn while touching it, stop learn before removing your finger).

The final behavior will be that, instead of making a spinning noise everytime you touch the jog, it will just switch in internal mode and scratch with the jog. Then you can just hit the relative or absolute button to go back to timecode controlled scratch.

Hope it helps! This could actually be implemented into Ean's future VCI-100SE presets!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12